My Mom came up from Springfield and stayed with us a few weeks ago for 3 days because she was on her Spring Break.
Spring Break = New Mommy Break.
It was awesome. I laid around, cleaned the house, took long showers, slept in, made dinners, went grocery shopping... (I know, my life is super exciting isn't it??) all while my Mom worked her magic on Austin.
Why are our moms so fantastic with babies/kids? Experience? Age? Mystical wisdom they are graced with from the powers that be?
My biggest problem right now is trying to get Austin to sleep on his own.. as in, not in someone's arms. Everytime I try and put him down he wakes up the minute his body makes contact with the surface and immediately starts to cry.
What does my Mom accomplish in the few days she was here?
Yep, you guessed it. Got Austin down, AWAKE even, soothed, and asleep on his own.
Ok, I inherited every other quality of mine from the woman.. why did I not inherit this Baby Sleeping Magic Touch???
I begged her not to go back home.. but I don't think my Dad could live on sandwiches alone, so she had to leave us.
What am I going to do now the next time I want to go shopping? Who is going to walk Austin around in his stroller while I fight with my post-baby belly in dressing rooms?
I wish I lived closer to my Mom, but I know it could be worse than a 2-hour drive. I can't wait for her to come up this summer and spend time with us again... spoiling her grandson with love and snuggles and spoiling me with a few hours' extra sleep and the freedom to use the restroom at my leisure.
| Bliss.... for me and for baby!!! |
Don't laugh. If you have a baby you understand that using the restroom when you actually have to go becomes a total luxury. Sometimes I wandered in there just because I could. My bladder has never been so empty.
No comments:
Post a Comment