Tuesday, April 3, 2012

26 days

That is all I have left of my maternity leave, and then it's back to the workforce for me.

Wow, 14 weeks off have really flown by!

(and yes, Austin is sleeping on his own again and I have time to blog! Yippee Skippee!!!!!)

Anyways, when I started on maternity leave I had all these "plans."

I was going to lose all my baby weight (I know, go ahead and laugh, I'm stupid).

I was going to start a work-out routine in the hopes that in my 14 weeks off I'd get addicted enough to working out that I'd continue it.

I was going to go on walks all the time.

I was going to make wonderful dinners for my husband because I was going to be home all day.

I was going to be a cute well put together Mom going to the mall and what-not.

I know! Seriously! I'm cracking up at how dumb I am too!

Enter the "difficult" baby.....

Now, Austin isn't a horrible baby, he doesn't scream all day, he never got colic (THANK YOU GOD!) and he sleeps pretty much through the night.

He's just not "easy."

He doesn't nap well, he's REALLY vocal and will grunt and grunt and eeeyah eeeyah and snort every single second he's awake and most of the time while he's sleeping too.

He screams for food and doesn't nurse well so it takes us awhile to eat and then settle down.. and once we are settled down (after much begging from me) he doesn't sleep well on his own. **as I type this he is already starting to wake up.. sigh.. here we go again..** 

So here I was with all my grandiose plans for my leave... and my reality was that I was stuck on the couch holding or feeding a baby.

No hair. No make-up. No cute clothes. And still 20 pounds overweight.

So what did I accomplish on my maternity leave?

I watched Season 3 of True Blood.

I am caught up with Once Upon a Time.

And The River.

And My Strange Addiction.

I finally watched Love and Other Drugs (didn't really like it... other than all the naked Jake scenes...)

I watched Tangled.

I watched The Food Network until I memorized recipes.

Yes people, I was a complete couch potato to the max.

After weeks of feeling sloppy and worthless and numbed by too much TV, I decided yesterday I am just going to embrace it.

So what if I didn't meet my weight loss goals? Or that some nights we eat leftovers or sandwiches for dinner? Or that there is an indent on the couch cushion as big as my bum?

I only have 26 days left to be a slob and hold my baby all day long if I want.

So that's exactly what I plan on doing.

Now where is my remote?

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I finally watched Love and Other Drugs (didn't really like it... other than all the naked Jake scenes...)
haha so agree :-D