Friday, November 27, 2015

Official Adult Status and the Thankful Tree

Yesterday officially propelled me into Adult Status! I planned, shopped, cooked, and hosted my first Thanksgiving!! 

Let me just bask in my success for a second... 

The turkey was moist and flavorful. 
The gravy was so good it should have been gulped it down with a straw. 
The mashed potatoes were like velvet. 


Not to mention, all the food was done at the time I hoped, and bellies were full while we talked and laughed around the table. 


#UltimateSuccess

Here is a peek into our day.... 

I prepped almost everything the day before (note to self- ALWAYS take day before Thanksgiving off!) so the day of, I got to drink coffee, watch the parade while I pretended my kids were watching the parade with me ("ooh look at that balloon Austin! Austin? Oh yes, sorry, I mean Batman....here stop running for a sec").... and all I really had to do was pop the turkey in.

That.. is butter. Oh, and herbs. But glorious butter.



The finished product. Why yes it was amazing, thank you for noticing!!

We had a pretty full house with my in-laws, sister-in-law and her husband, Neal's grandma and aunt, and one of his twin step-brothers. 

Neal earned his Adult Status by being the man 'round the house and carving the turkey.

Owen had the best day ever. He's an eater.... so it he was in heaven. #AllTheFood

The spread.. and Aunt Kelley's arm. Don't worry, we didn't eat Aunt Kelley's arm.



Happy and full, and glad to be out of the kitchen!




And a big "cheese!!!!" to wrap things up.

I also wanted to share our little Thankful Tree we worked on during the month. 

I took shipping paper from an Amazon shipment and shaped the tree, then ordered paper leaves. 

Everyday we would write down things we were thankful for, and they ranged from a Minion waterbottle, to a quiet drive home after work, to firemen, to Mommy being a Ninja. 

Shoot. How did my cover get blown?








No comments: