This was a big fam-damily weekend for us!
Sunday the 25th was a very significant birthday for my Grandma. She is a true lady and will never reveal her age... so I'll just say it was a very big, important birthday. :-)
My Aunt flew up from San Diego so of course we headed down to Springfield for lots of family time!
Saturday we went out to Lone Pine Farms (by far still my favorite farm/pumpkin patch).
Austin warmed right up to Aunt Patty and just thought she was the greatest!!! He wanted to stand by her when I wasn't in the picture.
Grampa helped Austin get some food out to feed the goats they have there, and he loved pulling the rope to convey the food up to the goat's skybridge. My Aunt was like "oh god, this is like Jurassic Park with the goats just hanging out!!!" haha! Unfortunately we missed the T-Rex feeding time.
Then we boarded the hayride!!! And since it's a small world after all, the guy driving our hayride was an old friend of my Aunt's!!
Owen was like "come on guys!!! Let's go!!!!"
Of course no trip would be complete without dough-doughs!!! Both Neal and I have huge sweet tooths, so needless to say our kids didn't stand a chance. I read in a magazine once some snooty celebrity claim her kid liked broccoli for dessert... and I mean, eyeroll. Life's too short. Have a doughnut.
Owen was quite taken with the hayride and tractor... he sat still (crazy!!!) the whole time and just babbled and talked and wanted to look over the edge.
We got out to the pumpkins and set off to find the right one! Owen couldn't decide if he wanted a little pumpkin... or a big one.
He had so much fun walking around, smacking pumpkins, stumbling in the vines... I can't believe a year ago he was just a teeny tiny baby fast asleep in the front pack!!
Big brother decided he found the perfect pumpkin for Owen... the teeniest one in all the land.
Ok, so I actually found Owen's pumpkin.. but we let Austin believe that he picked out the perfect one... that would never be carved. :-)
My Aunt's friend Bob who drove our tractor out to the pumpkin patch let Austin sit on the tractor and check it out before we headed back. He was so thrilled!
After the hayride it was time for the Cow Train!! Austin was PUMPED for the Cow "roller coaster!!!!" oh man, was he ever ready!!!
I noticed adults on the Cow Train so decided to bend the rules a bit (I might weigh a little more than the "allowed" weight...) and bought a ticket for me and Owen to go!
Mr. Concerned was very concerned. I THINK he had fun... when he wasn't being very serious and concerned. He cracks me up.
After the Cow Train we panned for gold, shopped at the market, did the hay maze... and Owen started melting down. It was naptime for sure!
We made a stupid parent mistake of thinking "oh Owen will SO take a great nap after this!!!" Well, he zonked out in the car on the way home... and then popped awake and was SO AWAKE after his 20 minute power nap. *sigh*
We left Owen with my Dad and Neal and my Mom and I ran some errands around town with Austin. By the time we got back, Owen had gone down for a late afternoon nap. Since we didn't have plans for dinner Neal and I escaped and got a date night!
We had dinner at a place called Belly that is all street style tacos. You order as many as you want and they have a huge selection of margaritas too.
Then we wandered downtown Eugene and had a drink and played pool at one of my old college haunts! I couldn't remember what it used to be called back when I was in college... I'm so glad I have a friend like Amanda that I can text: "Neal and I are at that bar that you and I went to.. the one that we played pool and danced to Led Zepplin???" and have her know exactly what I was talking about. :-)
The next day was my Grandma's Very Special Birthday. We all had lunch at Red Lobster and both of my kids were obsessed with the lobster tank. A sweet employee took a lobster out and let them pet it!
| Yes, he's wearing the same outfit as he wore the day before.. oh well |
After lunch we had cake back at my Grandma's house... Austin wanted everything to do with the cake. He wanted to hold it, touch it, pet it, name it George...
We hit the road in the late afternoon to head home.. both boys napped in the car almost the whole way!!! Whoop!!!
It was a really family-fun filled weekend!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment