Monday, October 12, 2015

Project 857- October 3

It's October!!! One of my very favorite months because who doesn't love the crisp Fall months??

We packed a lot into this Saturday...

The day started at Champoeg Park (which is amazing, by the way... I had never been!) getting family pictures taken.

We had family pictures taken back when Austin was about 15 months old and I loved them.. it was great to capture him in that young toddler phase of his life, so I wanted to do the same with Owen (can't do everything for the first kid and then never do the same for the second kid, you know??) Otherwise, the only professional pictures we'd have of Owen are his newborn ones and babies change so much from that point.

We spent a few hours wrangling the kids around, feeding Owen snacks to keep him happy and thanks to the magic that is Myah's photography skills.. we got some great shots! This is a sneak peak, I'll share more once we have them!

Glo Photography
We got home from pictures and got Owen down for what would be a short nap. Neal's friend Ian came over and the boys set to work landscaping our backyard.

We had some scraggly bushes that we wanted ripped out, a tree that the previous owner held up by tying branches to the fence (that's safe) and a random arborvitae that was doing nothing but acting as bug and spider housing.




Austin kept being amazed at "da big woots!!!!" on all the bushes. "Mommy! Look at dose big woots!!!!" He also wanted to use the chainsaw. Not quite, kiddo.

I woke Owen up early from his nap because we had our friend Barrett's birthday party to go to!

It was at a gymnastics facility and both kids had a blast!










Foam pits, bouncy floors, swings, trampolines... Austin got a little whiney and almost cried when it was time to go home. I think he wanted to live there.

Later we got a pizza for dinner, watched some college football and enjoyed the rest of our Saturday!

No comments: