Friday, May 8, 2015

Life Lately

Life lately has been good. Busy, and not without it's challenges... but good.

-After months (half his life really) of being congested, coughing all the time, multiple trips to the Doctor to be told "his lungs sound fine!" we finally reached the breaking point with Owen. Back to the Doctor we went. Double ear infection (that had developed since our last visit) and a sinus infection that had probably been brewing for months and the cause of the congestion. Antibiotics! Hallelujah! Oh, and I wore the daycare booties all the way into the Doctor's office. Awesome.


-The boys have really started to like playing together. Sometimes. I should clarify that. Sometimes. But Austin gets a kick out of making Owen laugh. Unfortunately the little kid ends up being a little roughed up by the big kid and tears result.

Peek a Boo in the toybox!!

"wahhhhh.... brudder hit my nose!!!"
-Owen is finally sleep well at night..., 95% of the time, he sleeps through the night. Thank the Lord.. but just as one kid figures sleep out, the other regresses. We've had trouble with Austin lately.. he comes out of his room at all hours, cries at bedtime because he wants me, then Daddy, then me again ,then Daddy, then his blanket on him, then his blanket off him, etc. It's exhausting. So most mornings, we end up with this:


A tired little dude who wanders into our room super early and crashes as we get ready for work.

-Austin still likes to help me cook, or watch me cook... but there is something new added to the mix, since he turned 3. Imagination. Oh man, the imagination is wild with this one, and it's so funny to hear what comes out of his mouth. He insisted my red oven mitt was "fire" and he was a dragon and "watch out for da fire, Mommy!!!!!"


Dragons, fire, and knights are his new obsession. Everything breathes "fire!!!" anymore.

-Sometimes I look around and realize I have all boys in my house. Other than the cat, but she's mostly outside and doesn't like us, so she doesn't count. It's hard to adjust to the noise, the rough-housing, the farts.. the things that come along with boys. Thank goodness I married a man who loves to wrestle and get down in the action! And doesn't mind his butt being slobbered on in the process. :-)


Watch your pants... Owen will slobber all over anything and everything!!!! I can't help it, that bottom picture cracks me up every time!!!

-I'm so glad the warm weather is here!! Almost for good, but we at least have been getting some really awesome warm days. Austin is happy watermelon has appeared in our house again!


-Mom rant here... why do school pictures have to be so expensive???? I mean, they trap you by providing THE CUTEST PICTURES EVER of your kids, then they charge and arm and a leg. Sigh... they were kinda worth it though.


No comments: