Thursday, June 26, 2014

Take Me Out to the Ballgame...

I had to do a post on this, just because I want the pictures saved forever on our little family blog here..

On Father's Day we all went to Neal's baseball game.

He's been with his team the Outlaws ever since we started dating.. so about 6 summers now.

He's made great friends with all the guys, there is a semi-celebrity on the team (George- his son Chris won Desiree Hartstock's heart on her season of The Bachelorette... and yes, Chris has been to a few games! Don't worry, I try not to get all fan-girl on George and ask how Chris and Des are, and all that.. Neal does a good job of getting gossip from George for me. Bless you, Neal!) and I've made friends with the wives.

Neal of course couldn't wait until Austin was old enough to start taking him to games, and immersing him in the baseball culture he loves so much.

Well, the apple didn't fall far from the tree and Austin absolutely loves being at "Daddy's bay-ball games!!"

He gets to sit in the dugout with the boys, try on helmets and gloves, play catch with the other guy's kids, and runt the bases after a victory!








Watching this made me so happy.

I love seeing Neal with our son, and I love that we are adding another son to our family. I am 100% certain now and content with having all boys in my life.

There will be a lot of dirt, and baseball cleats and sweaty clothes in our house... but I wouldn't want it any other way.

And can we all appreciate for a minute the blessing that are baseball pants??? And catcher's gear.... hey there Mr. Catcher Man... looking fine there. :-) I'm pretty much not bummed out when they ask Neal to play catcher and I get to see him all geared up... just sayin'.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So so SO sweet. This made me tear up a little. It's sweet to see them both enjoying their time together. Really amazing.