Monday, June 9, 2014

Baby Yeah- 29 Weeks



Size of baby: 
A pineapple- 16" long still, and about 3lbs!


My total weight gain: 
21.5lbs... held pretty steady the whole week! I'm really trying to cut out sugar and unnecessary stuff like that as much as possible. I'm walking 2 miles at work everyday and trying to move around more at home in the evenings too.
The thighs are still big though... ain't nothing going to change that at this point!!! :-)


Stretch marks: 
no


Movement: 
Definitely still sideways. He does this movement that is like he's bucking his body... it will be a see-saw feeling, starting on the left side of me and ending with the right side of me. So his head then his butt doing some kind of adjustment/bucking type thing. It's weird feeling! 


Sleep: 
Eh. Wasn't awesome last week. The weather was warm. And we have this neighbor... nice enough guy... but he LIVES outside on his back porch. From our upstairs window I can see into his backyard (heck yes, I totally spy!) and he's outside pretty much all day. He watches TV out there on an Ipad, eats all his meals, chain smokes like crazy, coughs like he's about to keel over... and he's a night owl. So this goes on until 2am sometimes.
I hate to say it, but it's one reason I don't love summer. I want my window open at night, but if it is... we have to deal with Hacky McSmokerton out there (who also has very loud speaker phone conversations at 10:30pm on the nose every single night).

Sigh. CANNOT WAIT TO MOVE OUT OF OUR TOWNHOUSE!!!

Long story short (and rant over) I haven't slept well very lately. 


What I miss: 
I'm starting to feel the 3rd Trimester tiredness creep in. We were at a wedding last Saturday and it was hard to stand for the hour long cocktail hour. Things start aching. So I miss being able to stand normally and not reach a point of "I gotta sit down.. my feet/ankles/hips/back are aching"

Food cravings: 
Seltzer water still, and fruit and pesto! I made a roasted tomato pesto quinoa salad for lunches this week, and we had pesto pasta for dinner last week too... pesto has just been sounding good and fresh lately.


Symptoms: 
Still relatively smooth sailing (knock on wood)... the heartburn is coming back and waking me up at night (along with all the joys of living in a townhouse), and my tummy feels tight and is starting to itch. 


I'm Excited About:
Being in the home stretch and not worrying too much about certain foods anymore. I had lunch meat last week, and I'm having sushi this week, and it's nice to feel more relaxed about things. Owen's pretty much done developing and there isn't that constant "oh god, I hope this is ok and not messing anything up!!!" fear that I felt in the 1st and 2nd Trimesters. A little lunch meat or raw fish isn't going to hurt him at this point!

Austin is: 
Kinda killing me lately... he's in a sweet mood. And don't worry, he is not like this 100% of the time, trust me!!! We've been talking a lot about Baby Owen while we drive to and from work everyday and I'm trying to prepare him the best I can.
"When Baby Owen is here, he is going to cry a lot, and sleep a lot and that is when we need to hold him and take care of him..."
I don't want to build up that this is a new playmate for him too much because Owen won't be a playmate for a long time. We've talked about crying, and dirty diapers and nursing and taking care of him.
Austin's responses? Baby Owen is his "best friend" and he wants to hold him on his lap in the car and kiss him when he cries.
I DIE... SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just hope and pray that when Owen is really here, Austin will adjust ok and this isn't just all hype right now. I know there will be jealousy and tears and frustration, and that it will be a big adjustment, but Austin reacting to the subject of Owen with such sweetness, gives me some hope.

He's also quite into death-defying acts of Daddy-climbing lately:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.