A coconut- 16" long and 2.5lbs
My total weight gain:
21lbs-I know the problem. My thighs. I decided to torture myself over the weekend and try on pre-pregnancy pants and shorts... and lo and behold.. the thighs are all tight. This happened with Austin too. My thighs just got big in pregnancy. I think that is where my body decides to store water and fat to prepare for birth and nursing and all that jazz.
So yes, I have decided not to stress too much about the weight gain. I really feel that no matter what I eat, my body is going to store any water and any fat it can in my thighs... and there isn't much I can do about that. My thighs got big and then shrank with Austin, and it will probably be the same scenario with this pregnancy.
Kinda sucks that we are going into the summer though and I'm pretty stuck to keeping my dimply thighs under cover the whole time.
If only I were one of those girls (ahem- Kenzie) who kept their gorgeous little legs the whole pregnancy and just gained weight in the belly region... alas... I am not. So bring on the maxi skirts for summer! :-)
So yes, I have decided not to stress too much about the weight gain. I really feel that no matter what I eat, my body is going to store any water and any fat it can in my thighs... and there isn't much I can do about that. My thighs got big and then shrank with Austin, and it will probably be the same scenario with this pregnancy.
Kinda sucks that we are going into the summer though and I'm pretty stuck to keeping my dimply thighs under cover the whole time.
If only I were one of those girls (ahem- Kenzie) who kept their gorgeous little legs the whole pregnancy and just gained weight in the belly region... alas... I am not. So bring on the maxi skirts for summer! :-)
Stretch marks:
no
Movement:
Owen has been calming down quite a bit... the thrashing is gone. Now I feel some rolls, stretching and I can feel the actual hard areas where his butt is. His butt is on my right side, below my belly button.. so I'm still convinced he is sideways.
Note to Owen- you've got about 7 weeks to flip before this becomes an issue and we'll be talking C-sections and stuff... let's keep that deadline in mind mmmkay?? Repeat after me- head down. Head down...
Note to Owen- you've got about 7 weeks to flip before this becomes an issue and we'll be talking C-sections and stuff... let's keep that deadline in mind mmmkay?? Repeat after me- head down. Head down...
Sleep:
Better. My cold is gone, so I can breathe again. Now I just get really hot at night. Oh joy... and July and August are on their way...
What I miss:
My belly button not sticking out a mile. I mean, seriously... is that even necessary??? And no, I did not have an outie pre-pregnancy. I had a nice, small, deep belly button that now enters a room 3 minutes before I do.
Neal claims this is Owen "fist-bumping" us so now every time I'm near him, Neal fist-bumps my belly button and goes "what up, O-Dawg???" I asked him if he's really going to do that for the next 3 months. Oh, of course he is!!! Fun times. Sigh.
Neal claims this is Owen "fist-bumping" us so now every time I'm near him, Neal fist-bumps my belly button and goes "what up, O-Dawg???" I asked him if he's really going to do that for the next 3 months. Oh, of course he is!!! Fun times. Sigh.
Food cravings:
Seltzer water still, and I forgot to buy some at the store! A trip will need to take place for sure. And plums. They are in season and I looooooovvvveeee plums!
Symptoms:
Still having some of those intense muscle pains... they are almost like hot spots. Just small areas that feel like a contraction. So... muscle stretching? Braxton-Hicks? I'm not sure. Other than that the 2nd Trimester was pretty smooth sailing. We shall see how things fare in the 3rd.. I was already starting to swell like mad with Austin at this point, and my blood pressure started going up... so fingers crossed those two things still stay away!
I'm Excited About:
Hitting the 3rd Trimester! I really thought second pregnancies "flew by" (according to things I've heard) but this one has really dragged on. I still feel like I have forever to go.
Austin is:
His father's son. Through and through. Neal plays on a baseball team in the summer named the Outlaws... well, he took Austin to his game on Sunday.
Let's just say someone had a HISSY FIT when I came to pick him up and take him home. It was a double header and the plan was for Neal to take him to the 1st game, then I pick him up and take him home to nap while Neal played the 2nd game.
Someone had way too much fun in the dugout with the boys though.. trying on helmets, gloves, catcher's gear and announcing to everyone that "thas my Daddy!! Right dere!!"
Future Outlaw, for sure!!!
Let's just say someone had a HISSY FIT when I came to pick him up and take him home. It was a double header and the plan was for Neal to take him to the 1st game, then I pick him up and take him home to nap while Neal played the 2nd game.
Someone had way too much fun in the dugout with the boys though.. trying on helmets, gloves, catcher's gear and announcing to everyone that "thas my Daddy!! Right dere!!"
Future Outlaw, for sure!!!
1 comment:
Yo-yo-yo O-dawg. Ha ha ha. You look fabulous though seriously. You seem to be enjoying this pregnancy (and your body too) more. Love it.
Post a Comment