Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Monday Musings


-I have a really bad case of Mom Brain. I can’t talk anymore… I jumble words like I have a speech impediment. For reals. This weekend I told Austin I’d “put pen in his water” (put water in his pen for a little Crayola pad thing he has) and this morning I told him to “eat his Oreos.” (Cheerios. I don’t give him Oreos!!) I regularly call Austin “Henry” and Henry “Austin”. Not to mention all my “hubug… hummggubb… uhhdudddd” mumbling as I try and pronounce normal words. I feel like Porky Pig. I just can’t spit out words cohesively anymore. Sigh.

-I posted this pic on IG and FB yesterday but I have to blog it. It’s my new favorite picture of my boys! They were running around the kitchen island playing chase and Austin was screeching in delight! Then Neal laid down to “take a break” and Austin followed suit!


-It is so weird to me to read other girl’s blogs who live in other states. All this talk about how Memorial Day is the start of summer.. and sunburns, and BBQ’s and pools. What is this foreign talk? Who are you people? Memorial Day is all about not getting stuck in the downpour of rain, and wondering if the heat should be turned on again. Oregonians know the truth… Summer doesn’t start until after July 4th. In a good year.

-Someone’s phone just rang with a Journey song as the ringtone. That was awesome.

-My child is like a drunk fly when we are outside. We tried to go get the mail and he was over here, then over there, then picking up this piece of bark, then back there, then touching this plant, then over there again, then in someone’s yard, then in someone’s garage and it was like forget it. All over the flippin’ place. I think we moved a total of 2 feet forward in about 20 mins.

-He will, however; walk the dog. Or the dog walks him. Either way it’s darn cute!


1 comment:

Jesica said...

Um...I love that he walks the dog!!! I hope we have a chance to get the babes together this summer when they're in Oregon, as soon as Jett is walking I think they'll have a blast!