Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Austin at 15 months!


Austin was 15 months last week, but I wanted to wait to post so I had his height/weight from his check-up. 

15 months already!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy moly. 

-Weighs 27lbs (81%), Height 33 3/4" (98%) 

-Has a few words he says well: car, go, ball, dog, duck, this, that, stop. Babbles non-stop… like for real, non-stop. 

-is down to 1 bottle a day, at bedtime. Drinks milk, almond milk, coconut milk, and water throughout the day.

-I started making him smoothies in the morning to help get fruit in him, since he’s still weird about texture. He will eat bananas though.

-still eats veggies mostly as purees. I made quinoa with cheese and pureed broccoli in it, and he scarfed that down! I guess whatever works..

-loves to dip food. He adores bean dip and hummus and will sometimes just dig in with his hands and shovel the dip in!


-loves meat in patty form- hamburgers, Grillers, chicken nuggets, meatloaf, etc. I’m one of those moms now that “hides” healthy stuff in his food. His meatloaf is ground turkey with grated carrot and zucchini mixed in.

-is really starting to “get” things. He knows the keys go to the car, his jacket means "going bye-bye" and knows shoes go on feet and steps into ours. He also knows garbage goes in the garbage can and can throw things away. Its cute to see the light bulbs start going off in his head.


-loves to play outside!


-runs, climbs, bends, squats, bounces, does yoga poses.. is very active with his little body!


-loves books. Oh man. All he wants some days is to read and read and read. Child of my heart!!!

  
-hits a wall at night when its bedtime and cannot handle his little self. He hits, throws things, stomps on toys and becomes a little out-of-control. When he gets tired, he gets TIRED.

-loves baths and sucking on washcloths while he bathes. Weirdo.


-gives kisses when we ask him to, and sometimes on his own accord. Slobbery and usually snotty.. they are still the best kisses. J


-likes to sit on your lap while he’s eating. We let him do this in the morning since he's still sleepy and wants to cuddle.

-is gentle with animals and pets dogs and Olive nicely. Except when he gets so excited he can’t stand it and flaps his arms about and Henry’s head collides with his hands. J

-has about 12 teeth, I think. Top 4 plus canines, bottom 4 plus canines, and two sets of molars.

-uses baby sign language really well. Says “more”, “please”, “milk”, “all done,” and “thank you”

-blows kisses

-understands commands. He wanted more milk one day and his sippy was over on the coffee table so I told him to go get his cup and bring it to me and I’d give him more milk. And he did exactly that, and said “please” without me asking him to.

-points with his index finger. At everything. 

-gets a tad too excited when his friends arrive for the day at school and has been running up to them and slapping them. Oy. I think he’s trying to give them high fives, or hug them or something, and just loses control and smacks them.

-can identify his nose and other people’s noses, but thinks everything (mouth, ear, eye) is a nose. He knows his belly though!


-can identify a few things in books. He always knows that a dog is a dog, and that a cow is a cow, and sometimes gets duck right.

-knows a few animal sounds.. he gets "moo" right for "cow" and "ruh ruh" right for "doggie"

backseat conversationalist


-clasps his hands on either cheek and says "ay yi yi yi yi!!!" Kinda freaking adorable!!!

-climbed up a chain link fence yesterday. Half of me went "OMG! No!!! Down!" and the other half went "wow! look at that! That is amazing, go Austin!" I need to have the E.R. on speed dial with this kid. I can already tell. 

-is obsessed with his stool (which used to be my stool). He carries it to the patio door or front door and stands on it, looking out the window and jabbering away and who knows what. He also likes to sit on it and eat at the coffee table. If all else fails, it doubles as a fun sled!

-is still very "passionate" and throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way. Some days are constant tantrum-diffusing and trying to rationalize and explain things to a young toddler. Those are the days I need wine.  


-can open doors if they are a long handle.. he can't open doorknobs yet. He knows how to close the downstairs bathroom door and then lock it (thankfully he's only done this while I'm inside the bathroom with him... )



-smiles when I tell him to "say cheese!" for pictures



3 comments:

Lauren said...

He's sooo adorable you look so happy too :-)

Becky said...

Is his hair in little pony tails in that backseat pic? Cute!!
And ay yi yi yi yi!!! Is that for Ralph and Christina?? Makes me think of them! :)

Jesica said...

Cutie cutie! They grow so freakin fast! How is he only 6 months older than Jett?!!!!
Regarding the chain link fence, which did you do? Tell him to get down or let him climb? Jett's going to be a climber too...