Saturday, January 12, 2013

San Diego-Last Day

Winding down our trip already... went fast, didn't it?

New Year's day was another very mellow day for us. We slept in (getting home at 2am after a cocktail cruise will do that to ya) so we decided to head down to SeaPort Village, one of my favorite San Diego haunts. 

SeaPort Village is just a little gathering of shops and cafes right on San Diego bay, and everything is stylized all cute like, with pathways winding through the shops which makes you feel like you are indeed in a little village. 

We met my friend Kara for lunch (so good to see her!) since she lives down there now, and wandered around the bay. My only picture from the day was of the little old man stacking rocks. 

Seriously. That is talent, I don't care what you think! He'd take down stacks, then stack them back up to prove they weren't glued or anything. 



You gots skills, dude. For reals. 

I was sad that the end of our vacation was here already, but I admit... I missed my Austin pretty darn bad and was really eager to get back to his sweet giggle and sloppy kisses. 

We wanted to do just a bit more sight-seeing since our plane didn't leave until after 8pm that night, Neal and I and my Aunt headed up to Point Loma lookout and lighthouse.






The weather was gorgeous! Mid-60's and warm and totally clear. The day we were leaving. Of course. But we at least got to soak up a bit of last-minute warmth. 

We also headed up to Mt. Soledad in La Jolla for another awesome aerial view of the city.




Then my husband told me we should walk out onto this canyon ridge thingie to get a better view. And I told him I wasn't interested in dying so that was ok. Then he rolled his eyes and told me to stop being so scared. So I stuck my tongue out at him and hiked down there (partially) and told him if I saw a rattlesnake I was not going to be happy. Then I pretty much yelled at him for wanting to out further on the narrow cliff. Adventurous, I am not.





After getting my husband off the cliff (literally) we drove down into La Jolla and had lunch at Alphonso's, which Neal pretty much claimed was the highlight of  his life as far as Mexican food went. 

So, good way to end the afternoon!

Back to my Aunt's to pack up and then one last dinner at Kansas City BBQ (where they shot the final scene in Top Gun, where the chick starts playing that song and Maverick looks around for her? Yep, that window they kiss in front of was right where our table was!)

I didn't get any good pics at Kansas City BBQ except this one:

Love it. 

And I had another really "smart Jessica" moment as we were leaving the restaurant:

Walking along for several minutes... "oh, hey! So I just figured out why there was all that Kansas and Wizard of Oz stuff in there! Because it's called Kansas City BBQ! I was wondering." 

Seriously. I used to be smart! Really! Like 4.0 student in high school. And now I don't know my own husband's initials, nor can i figure out why a place called Kansas City would have maps of Kansas hanging up. 

I think San Diego had had enough of me at this point!!! On our plane, up and away and then safely home..

Until next time!!!

1 comment:

McKenzie B. said...

I cannot believe how much stuff you packed into your vacation. Our vacations always look a lot tamer than your busy week! A post about our vacations would look something like this
Woke up
Ate breakfast and coffee on the patio
Relaxed
Went swimming
Lay in the sun
Get lunch
Take a nap
Go for a walk
Go out to dinner
Relax
Go to bed.

Repeat.

Other than vacation with a baby. That was more like
Wake up at butt crack of dawn
breakfast
Walk
Nap
lunch
Swim
Nap
food
walk
dinner
bed

HAHA. Oh vacation!