Thursday, January 17, 2013

What's In Store for 2013?

Oh hello, New Year… welcome! Well, late welcome, its like the 17th already.. but you know what I mean.

I feel like you’ve already been here for about 8 months because I’ve been thinking and writing 2013 since May at work (us Buyers have to buy ahead, you know!!) but finally you are physically here, not just in spirit.

So what do you have in store for us??

Some Travel…
Neal and I really want to make a point to travel more.. already we have a jaunt over to the East coast planned to spend several days in Boston and then a few days in Wisconsin (for a family wedding). Austin will be coming with us on this trip and Neal is already giddy about taking him to his first Major League baseball game at Fenway in Boston.
Among our hopes for more travel includes a small non-baby trip as well.. hmmm… Sunriver for a long weekend is sounding pretty darn awesome to me… or maybe some San Juan Island B&B action?

Some Freedom
Financial, that is. We are going to pay off our credit card this spring. WE WILL BE DEBT FREE, BABY!!!! Ok, so we’ll still have our car payment and a student loan, but since these are considered “good” loans, I’m not counting them. We have worked really hard and made a lot of sacrifices when it comes to how we spend our money to get to a place to be credit card free, and I cannot wait to finally feel that freedom.

Some Adventures
Now that Austin is more toddler than baby (sniff, sniff… sad….) we will be able to do a lot more this coming year. We want to take him to the Oregon Coast Aquarium, we became members of the Zoo; so we’ll be there a lot…. and hopefully on many picnics and day trips. We won’t have to fuss with bottles as much, and frequent naps… now we just have to deal with chasing around a curious kid who hates to be in his stroller and throws a hissy. So much easier, right??

Some Love
Neal and I will celebrate 5 years together this Spring. Where has the time gone? I’ve been with this dude for 5 years? And I’m not sick of him yet? Or more appropriately, he’s not sick of me yet?? Mind blowing. I think a little special weekend needs to be in store for us to celebrate a quarter of a quarter century together.

Some Additions
To our house? Nope. To our fur babies? Nope. So.. yeah… you guessed it. We will be trying to get pregnant again in 2013! LATE 2013, may I emphasize. Will it happen quick again? Or will it be a struggle? Who knows.. I’ve heard of it going both ways with Baby #2, so we are in for a journey, either way. I never thought getting pregnant would be on my 2013 “To Do” list, but my husband is quite convincing when he wants to be. Hopefully having our kids closer together in age will help them be friends throughout life.

Oh, it's going to be an interesting year!!!!

Austin hopes 2013 brings him lots of spaghetti dinners. He loves his 'sketti!! 


No comments: