Friday, August 17, 2012

The Real Mama World #2- Welcome to the Club



So you think as a Mom you are going to be this wonderful nurturing person.. that your child is going to grow up swaddled in safety and love and all that jazz.

For the most part, this is true.

Being a Mom does bring out a big nurturing side and you would throw yourself in front of a train in order to keep your baby safe.

But all that goes out the window when Mama has a new cell phone to play with.

Can we say… distraction?????

Maybe I’m not used to Austin being mobile yet, or maybe he is the one to blame because he got himself into a dangerous situation..

Or maybe it was just gross, ridiculous negligence on my part because I wanted to play with my stupid phone rather than pay attention to my kid.

Yep.

We have joined the “Babies Who Have Fallen off the Bed” club.

Moments before the tumble, as I was of course playing with my new phone’s camera.
all that fussing and the damn pic turned out blurry!

 You think I would have snapped that picture and thought “oh, my darling child is perched a little too close to the edge of the bed while chewing on a cord and reaching for his monitor!!!! I must intervene and save the day!!”

Nope. I was too interested in trying to get on Instagram.

Thankfully I have a tough kid who cried for all of 10 seconds before deciding he was over the crying thing and wanted to attempt to leap out of my arms and get the remote this time.

I felt HORRIBLE. I was sitting RIGHT THERE. Inches from him. And I let him fall off the flippin’ bed! Gawd…. Way to go in the Mom category, Jess.

Maybe I'll just give him a fork and light socket to play with next time.

No comments: