Friday, August 10, 2012

The Real Mama World #1- Beachy Waves


First up in my new series “Real Mama World” we’re going to discuss How To Look Get Pretty in the Morning While Dealing with Baby.

Mainly, the elusive beachy waves I so covet on pretty much every celebrity and blogger I see out there.

Little background info for ya… I have battled my hair for my entire life. Love you Mom and Dad, but thanks a lot for passing down a weird hair gene to yours truly.

My hair is half straight (in the back) half kinky curly (on the sides) half wavy-cowlicky (in the front) and dry and frizzy to boot. Needless to say over the years I have pumped at least 1 million dollars into the hair industry trying to find that one great product or one great tool that will make my hair look at least normal.

I have one technique that produces somewhat beachy wavy results, but this requires at least 45 mins of hair-prep time… and thanks to Mr. Austin, my mornings are consumed with baby dressing, changing, entertaining, soothing and the like.
Me on a good day... Pre-baby... when I had hours to primp

yeah.. so I don't HAVE hours in the morning anymore..I'm lucky to have 10 mins...so Beachy Waves technique gets thrown out the window.

Enter “Jessica’s Brilliant Plan B for Beachy Waves”…..

Hot rollers.

A friend of mine uses hot rollers and her hair looks amazing all the time. Perfect loose waves that are shiny and yummy… so I go out and buy myself some good ol’ hot rollers…

Cool. These should be awesome, right? Turn on. Roll in hair.  Deal with child. Get dressed. Make-up on. Glare at Neal for laughing at me in my rollers….15 minutes later… a gorgeous beach goddess should emerge. Right?


Oh, hell to the no!

I look like a bad 90’s version of Janice from “Friends”!!!!!

You love me, Chandler Bing… ahahahahahahahahahhaaaa!”

Henry ran and hid from me, and all Neal could muster in between laughing was a "you look, um... interesting" comment.

Ok, ok, I got it.. no more hot rollers. 

If you need me, I'll be at Central Perk. 



No comments: