Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Introducing... The Real Mama World!


Every time I write a blog post where I am brutally honest about something, especially the not-so-lovely side of things, I get the best response from people.

I get texts and emails from other women who thank me for writing about the down side of this or that, or the way I struggled with one thing or another. No one likes to feel alone, and it is so reassuring and comforting to know that other people have imperfect lives too.

Ever since I became a Mom, I started to realize how much motherhood and raising children gets glossed over in social media and society. All you ever read about on blogs, websites, etc… are things like how fast a new mom became skinny again, or how amazing and natural breastfeeding is for the new mom, or how the new mom feels “more beautiful than ever” after she pushed a person out of her hoo-haw.

COME ON.

Give me a break.

It’s hard enough being a Mom and trying to figure out how to raise a little person without all the pressure to instantly drop down to a size 2, or jaunt around town, baby in tow, with perfect beachy waves and flawless natural make-up.

Oh, and let’s not forget all the amazing uber-creative crafts and all natural organic home-made baby food I’m supposed to have time to create in my 20 minutes of spare time each day.

So before you start to think “good lord, bitch much, Jessica??” I’m here to simply say… this is a blog about keeping it real when it comes to Motherhood. I so strongly feel like more mothers need to be honest about what its really like to be a mother and the frustrations that come with it, that I plan on regularly sharing one aspect of motherhood and showing the side of it that most people don’t ever see.

Introducing my new series: “The Real Mama World”

Look for it weekly.

Yes, I will most likely have to post a lot of embarrassing pictures of myself and some soul-baring feelings and experiences, but hey. I’m not shy. I ain’t got nothing to hide. I’m a great mother, I love my kid to death… but it’s not always fun. Or easy. Or enjoyable. Or clean. Or glamorous.

Because if one more celebrity mother coos in an interview that she is feels like the “sexiest, most powerful Earth-Mother-Goddess-Tigress-Superhero” now that she has given birth… all while wearing a size 0 and perfect beachy waves, I am going to gag.

Welcome to my “real” world. 

1 comment:

Jesica said...

Haha! Looking forward to this!