Only 216 more months to go until he's 18...
:-)
I meant to post this on Friday, the little dude's actual 1-month birthday, but my darling Nealo took me out for our first post-baby date! His parents watched Austin for a few hours and I was surprised with dinner at a swanky sushi restaurant.. my hubby remembered how much I craved sushi throughout my pregnancy and saw to it that I was filled up with raw salmon!
Anyways... here is a little recap of Austin at 1-month:
-Our little dude weighs a whopping 8lbs, 15.4oz! He is too long for almost all of his newborn sized pajamas and onesies, but still a bit small for 3 month size. He's still in newborn sized pants. We are going to do a picture each month of him next to his cool Cubbies Pillow Pet so we can watch him grow!
-He is still very oral. We had a slight panic last week when we lost two of his favorite binkies and were down to only one. Mad dash to Target to buy more.. must plug baby up so silence can ensue...
- He is awake almost the whole day now... from about 9am to about 2pm he's awake and checking out this crazy world. I usually soothe him to sleep in the late afternoon and he'll take a long 3 hour nap. He sleeps pretty well at night (thankfully), with 3 hour chunks of sleeping.
-Oh, and we've started this new cool thing.. spitting up/puking after each meal. Hence the bib in the picture above. I'm pretty sure we were close to needing an exorcism one day.. I was about to call in an old priest and a young priest.
- Mr. Austin does NOT like the following things one bit:
Having his diaper changed (holy ear-splitting screaming hell!)
Having clothes taken on or off
Being pulled off the boob before he is ready
Being set down if he is in a cuddle mood
- Mr. Austin LOVES the following things a lot:
Riding in the car
Scratching Mom while he nurses
Nursing
Baths
Nursing
Cuddling with us in bed
Nursing
![]() |
| If only car rides could last forever... |
-I've tried out the front pack with him and it has become our new favorite thing! Austin will snuggle right down into it and start cooing and fall asleep almost instantly. This has been great for me if I need a break during the day. I'll just wear him around the house while I get something to eat, pick up, clean the house, or whatever.
- He is starting to smile, and does so a lot while he sleeps or when he's awake sucking on his binky. He's not quite responsive in his smiles yet... even though a few times I've been talking to him and he'll give me a little grin. Love it!!!
![]() |
| I got you to wake up at 3am Mommy! Isn't that funny?? |
- Our kiddo is totally noisy and constantly grunts, coos, snorts, fusses or makes these odd Michael Jackson-type "ee-hee" noises. I think he will grow up to be a beat-boxer.
And here is a little update on Austins slave...oh, uh.. I mean, his Mom:
- I am still down 30 pounds of baby weight... and left with 25 pounds of who knows what (oh yeah... all those trips to Dairy Queen I took while pregnant...) to lose. I am nursing around the clock, but it seems like everything I am going to lose from nursing has already come off and now I have to work at losing the rest. this would be no problem if my child actually let me put him down long enough to do a workout...
- I am 90% healed from my stitches. No more pain, no more swelling... just a little bit discomfort. I have graduated from feeling like a horse kicked me in the crotch to feeling more like a squirrel kicked me in the crotch.
- Other than a few bad days where I've broken down in tears of frustration, my mood has been great and I feel like myself... just a bigger, sloppier, more half-naked version of myself. :-)






3 comments:
CUTE blog update! Look at the mini bath robe!! You look great, I love the front pack picture.
Cute!! I love that he is starting to smile! It just melts your heart when they get all smiley at you! Wait til he starts to hug you. Melt. Smiles, Giggles, Hugs. It doesn't get any better than your baby!
You're doing great! You should have seen the breakdowns I had the first month (crawling across the living room after an excruciating nursing session while sobbing). If you ever need a baby break I'd love to visit with your little one - I miss how small Jack was!
Post a Comment