Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Great Bambino- Week 33

Bambino’s Size: A honeydew melon… he’s almost 5 lbs (he’s going to surpass Henry in size soon!) and about 18” long… I have nothing to prove this other than a *gut* feeling.. but I think he’s bigger than this… I just really think I’m going to have a hefty baby.

Food Loves: Well, everything I WANT to eat I can’t really. I’m still jonesing for Dairy Queen soft serve, but I won’t let myself have it. I also have developed a craving for really awful greasy cheeseburgers. Again, I’m not going to eat one, but the fast food commercials make me moan with longing a bit. So instead of all the “good” stuff in life (ha!) I’ve been filling up on Greek yogurt, oatmeal with almonds and apples, curry chicken salad (no bread-all protein), veggies, eggs and skim milk. Sadly, I still think I gained more than 2lbs since my last Dr. appointment two weeks ago, so I’m dreading my appointment on Wednesday a bit.. I’m sure I’ll leave feeling like a fat failure again.

Food that’s Gagging me: The usual. Pork and shrimp.

Sleep: has become hard. Real hard. The heartburn is back with a vengeance… even taking the Dr’s advice and popping a Zantac before I go to sleep didn’t prevent me from waking up with acid in my throat so bad I actually threw up (sorry, TMI… ). This happened at my parent’s house over the weekend and I went to go sleep on the living room couch after that just for a change of scenery and surprised my Dad the next morning when he got up and came out into the living room. J Thankfully, Bambino sleeps when I sleep at night so I’m never kept awake by his movements…. He’s pretty awesome that way!

Best Moment of the Week: Two words- Compression Socks. Best known as the tight-fitting, not-so-attractive long stockings one must wear in the hospital after surgery, or when one moves down to Florida to retire… these babies have become the new Love of My Life!!! My legs and ankles were swelling so badly, even with my new motorized desk; that they felt stiff and uncomfortable constantly and I was totally miserable. So I gave in. Neal bought me the stockings. And helped me put them on. And then told me they were like the socks old people wear with shorts and sandals. Then I glared at him. Then I vowed never to take them off because Holy Guacamole! I can see my ankles again! Like, my actual ankle bones! OMG!!!

Worst Moment of the Week:  My weight struggles. Ok, and this sounds bad.. but I had a pre-conceived notion in my head about what I’d be like as a pregnant woman. I figured because I was tall, had a long torso and was relatively slim, I’d be one of those amazingly cute “just a basketball belly and 25 lbs gained” types of preggos. Well, my reality is far exceeding my fantasy… by about 20lbs at least. Over the weekend I had six people within a 24-hour period tell me the following things: “you are so huge! Look how big you are! You have SIX WEEKS TO GO??? Oh honey, there is no way you’re gonna make it, you are HOW far along? You look so much bigger than that! You are about ready to pop, aren’t you???” Um. Ya. THANKS everyone… NOT!!!!!!! As much as I’m trying my damndest, I am just gaining, gaining, gaining weight like a mad-woman, and I’m still swelling, and still growing in the belly region. Where is the cute tummy of my fantasies???? And because I’ve always carried my belly down low, it looks like I’ve “dropped” so apparently that just gives the strangers of the world free reign to comment on how huge I am and how about to pop I am. At this rate I’m going to be a 50-60lb gainer for this pregnancy, and that has been hard on me to accept and not feel like a total failure about.
What’s Up with My Body: Pain. That is what is up. You know how I had an easy breezy 1st Trimester? No sickness, no troubles, hardly any symptoms…while my pregnant friends couldn’t tear their heads away from the toilet? Well ladies, redemption has arrived!!!! While you are breezing through your 3rd trimesters, I am in constant pain. Not to be a major whiner, but I’ve gone from “oh look- how funny! Jessica is hobbling a bit like an old lady because her hips are sore!” to a pain in my left hip that leaves me gasping, holding onto counters and walls, limping, and crying. Like the “I can’t-put-weight-on-my-left-leg-at-all-let-alone-be-mobile” kind of pain. I absolutely cannot walk normally, or on my own without holding on to something or someone (thank you Neal for getting up at 4am with me to help me walk to the bathroom!). So, what did we learn? Oh yeah. KARMA IS A BITCH. Lesson learned. I think next time I’ll take a few weeks of the puking instead.

Da Bump: Sorry, no pic this week! Refer to a few paragraphs up. I’m huge and “about to pop”… The End.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Hope things get better, people are so rude :-(

Five point Two Nine said...

Ohhh you poor thing- I remember that- I did the same thing with weight gain with Jojo- I was gonna be the cute pregnant lady- got my maternity citizens and all- they were out the door in no time- I gained non-stop- it didn't matter what I did I gained- it was awful. I remember my midwife telling me to slow down on the gain. It was sad. Good news is with some work it comes off.

Becky said...

Oh Jess I'm SO sorry people are so rude to you! I wish I could see you and give you a big hug. Soon you will have a little kiddo to hug you and none of this will matter anymore. :)

Five point Two Nine said...

Oh and PS- you should still keep taking pictures- Looking back with Jojo I like to pull them out from time to time and see how I was in the end...