Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Great Bambino- Week 32

Wow. 32 weeks have come and gone. I never thought I’d say “this pregnancy went by fast” because parts of it dragged… but I’m in shock we are less than 8 weeks away from a baby!


Bambino’s Size: A pineapple… 4 lbs heavy and over 17 inches long. So weird to think something that big is inside me.

Food Loves: Well, because of my 2 lb Challenge, my food intake had to change a bit. I still really like milk so I’ve been drinking skim. My cravings haven’t changed, I still want fruit, sweets (but I am not giving in very much!!! One tiny square of chocolate, and that’s about it), Mexican and Italian foods. Neal and I are really trying to eat more protein so I stop turning to carb-filled snacks. Our dinners this week will include avocado turkey burgers (no buns), lean meatloaf and veggies, etc..  Wish me luck this weekend as I face Christmas with a “limit your carbs and sugar” monkey on my back.

Food that’s Gagging me: The usual. Pork and shrimp.

Sleep: Pretty much the same. I wake up every time I need to change positions, and usually just once to use the bathroom. In between the little awake moments I’ve been sleeping really deep. Neal has been waking up with me… I think his body is prepping him for late-night baby demands too!

Best Moment of the Week: The movements. I first felt Bambino move at about 17 weeks along. I will admit, I didn’t really like the movements in those earlier weeks.. they felt weird, they were twitchy and they were CONSTANT! I kid you not, that kiddo did not rest more than about 15 mins every hour. My insides were constantly being thumped. So… I wasn’t one of those women who was cherishing the movements. Now though, the movements are so much different. Less thumping, and now it’s pushing;  I can feel limbs and body parts. I’m pretty sure he pushes his butt out a lot, and I love being able to touch it.. knowing that I’m actually touching HIM. I feel a lot more connected now that I can actually feel him. I find myself sitting with my hands on my tummy all the time, waiting for the next push.

Worst Moment of the Week: My Dr. weigh in.. duh…. It was not fun finding out I’ve been gaining almost 5lbs a week. I felt like a failure (how had I not been eating better???) and a big chubbo who couldn’t fight the urge to eat a cookie. So pretty harsh self-esteem blow for a few days.

I also seem to be getting my cold sore back.. it just really really does not want to leave me alone in this pregnancy! I think it’s sensing my lower immune system and just having a grand ol’ time going berserk on my lip. I guess I should be glad that is the worst of it and I haven’t succumbed to the flu or colds or sinus infections yet… *knock on wood!*

What’s Up with My Body: Oh, I’m just swell….ING, that is! I think part of my major “weight gain” last week was due to my legs swelling to twice their normal size. I can’t squat normally, sitting is hard since my legs don’t bend right, and my feet don’t fit into any shoes. I’m sure a lot of this is due to my desk job, but I know lots of Moms who worked desk jobs in their pregnancy and didn’t swell as bad as I am… maybe it’s the long legs? I’ve always had poor circulation, so maybe my blood is just super sluggish now in getting around the whole length of my leg. Either way, it’s horrible and no amount of propping my feet under my desk helps. So my work finally had pity on me and gave me a motorized desk insert that raises and lowers, so I can stand as often as I want! I hope this helps keep my circulation going. I’ll be the weirdo doing calf raises and squats as she types away… haha!

My heartburn has lightened up a lot, so that’s been awesome! My Tums are probably wondering why I don’t love them anymore… well, tough Tums! Get used to being ignored!!!


Da Bump: Bumpiddy bump bump, bumpiddy bump bump.. look at baby grow! (sung to the tune of “Frosty the Snowman” this makes sense..) J
Oh hi!!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Ahhh you look so awesome, I bet you are stoked to have that baby here soon :-)