Thursday, November 9, 2017

"I'm Big Now, I'm Fee!!"

The time came in late August... the time for Owen to give up his nonnie for good! 

I was much more nervous about taking away nonnies from Owen than I was with Austin. For a few months before he turned three, Austin talked a lot about giving up his nonnies because he was going to be a Big Three-Year-Old. 

Owen, on the other hand, seemed more attached and not that excited about giving them up. 

The last week of August, Neal was back to work and school hadn't started yet, so Austin was spending the week at Gramma and Grampa's. It was nice having just Owen for that week, and being able to take him to Build-a-Bear on his own so he could have this special moment all to himself. 

So one sunny evening, we heading to the mall!
Getting ready to say bye-bye to the nonnies!!!

So many choices!!!! What to get, what to get??? We may or may not have steered him toward the bears/animals under $20... because seriously. You could easily spend $60 on just one Build-a-Bear animal. It's stupid. 


The winner was a Transformer bear! Owen wasn't so sure about the stuffing machine. 


With a little help and encouragement, he finally got the hang of the stuffing machine pedal!


Carefully putting in those precious nonnies!


Owen named his Transformer Bear "Teddy" and then gave him a good bath! 


So proud to be a big three-year-old!!! Taking Teddy home!


We had dinner at the mall and let him ride some rides before we headed home!

Well that's it. The age of nonnies is all over in our house. We got really lucky with both boys, in that they gave up their nonnies easily and had a smooth transition to sleeping and being without them. I give a lot of credit to daycare, since they started being without nonnies there at a young age. 

Bye-Bye nonnies! Hello big boy!

No comments: