Our Summer 2017 ended with a lot of emotion, with losing Gramma Pete (more on that later) and family being in town. I took several bereavement days off from work to spend with everyone and I'm so glad I did. Uncle Ross and Aunt Dawn were here from Minnesota and it was so nice to spend time with them, and for the boys to get to know them better too.
Everyone decided to do something fun and get out in the beautiful weather on Friday, September 1st... we headed to the Portland Japanese Gardens!
We all met at the Oregon Zoo to take the shuttle to the Gardens, since they are right by the zoo. We only had to wait a few minutes for the shuttle but the boys made quick work of climbing all over the rock wall.
#EverythingIsAnAdventure
Looking like a monkey in the zoo!
Children are so great at cooperating and sitting next to each other when Mommy wants a picture. I mean, every shot is just a masterpiece. haha.
Can you tell I'm sucking in my Mom Belly so hard here??? haha. Oh well, at least I got a rare picture of the boys with me in there too!
As soon as we got to the Gardens the boys were already intrigued by everything! Owen wanted to take this dragon home!
The koi pond was amazing. The fish were huge and there were so many of them!
We could have spent all day just at the koi pond. Owen was enamored. He was counting the fish, picking out his favorites, following his favorites around the pond..
So I'm seriously considering throwing away all their toys and just installing a big pond in the house. Sounds like a good idea, right?
Yeah a family photo!!! And 75% of us are looking at the camera! And we all look somewhat decent!!! The stars have aligned, people. Expect this one on the Glynn Fam Christmas Card.
I think the Japanese Gardens would be amazing if you got to go there and actually stroll through slowly and enjoy the quiet and serenity. We went with these two, so it was a few hours of chasing them down, getting them off paths that were roped off, telling them to not hurt the plants, and thank the Lord I packed a ton of snacks so they could be occupied.
#ParentingIsFun
We stopped in at the Rose Gardens too, since they were right next door. It was late in the season for roses so all the plants were a bit withered and getting dried up in the heat. Kinda like how we all felt after this long hot day.
Shade!!! We found some shade at the amphitheater at the Rose Gardens and rested our weary bodies for a few minutes.
These two, however... don't know the meaning of "relaxation" or "tired" or "sit down" or "how the hell are you still full of energy." have they done any legit studies on kids as to HOW they can go and go and go for hours on end??? It could put the coffee industry out of business. Oh wait, I love coffee. I don't want that to happen. Never mind, I take all that back.
What is this??? A weary child??? My stars!!! However did this happen??? Perhaps the 75 laps around the huge amphitheater finally did him in? Or was it the promise of a treat if he sat down and relaxed for a bit??
It was the treat. #NailedIt. Say what you will about treats... having some suckers tucked away is the smartest thing I do as a Mom. It gives us about 15 whole minutes of peace.
No snack or treat can be enjoyed without a thorough conversation about what treat the other got, if they are the same treat, or different, and how the two compare.
#ImportantBusinessMeeting
That was our day at the Japanese and Rose Gardens! So glad we got that time with family, and that we didn't destroy either place in our wake.
No comments:
Post a Comment