Monday, October 17, 2016

Lunch Dates

So a co-worker of mine, who used to have a daughter over at our daycare as well, used to take her "out to lunch" a few times a month and it made me go "why am I not doing this with Austin??? How fun!!!" Thus our little tradition began... 

I walk over to daycare and pick up Austin right before their lunchtime and we walk over to my office's "big cafeteweria" where he gets to order whatever he wants at the lunch counter!

Usually he gets a burger (with shredded cheese, not that terrible sliced cheese crap... I mean, what is that, anyways??? LOL. Austin is weird about his cheese) and we sit and eat and chat for an hour. 


What do we talk about? Oh, just the usual... 

-what he did that morning at school
-what the plans are that afternoon
-what his friends might be doing at that moment
-what Daddy is probably doing
-what Owen is probably doing
-how Owen is annoying
-how Owen is fun
-what Henry might be up to at home
-when college is
-how we will miss each other when he goes to college
-how Mommy will visit him in college
-how college is when he's 18, not 10
-how many sleeps till he's 5 (countdown is ON and he's stoked)
-what Kindergarten might be like
-what Mommy has to do at work
-how time goes by in days, then weeks, then months



We also have problem solving moments, involving food that drops to the floor and decisions on whether it's ok to still eat it... or not...


We have treats like lemonade and chips....


We experiment with culinary delights such as chips dipped in ketchup ("try it Mommy... it's weally good!")



And just enjoy being with each other. 

I can't believe I didn't start doing this with him sooner... in less than a year he won't be just a parking lot's walk away from me... and I know I'm going to miss that. 

So until then, we plan on lots of lunch dates!

No comments: