Summer is wrapped up... we're full steam ahead into Fall... and I couldn't be happier!
I'm a true Oregonian. Give me about 3 weeks of hot weather and then I'm officially over it and looking forlornly at my boots and sweaters and dying for a chance to cozy up inside instead of sweat and slather uncooperative kids in sunscreen outside.
#QuitSquirming
Here's what we've been up to lately!
We love Kenzie's big backyard... and got to enjoy a last bit of summer over there. Mostly the kids run around and play together but at one point they all wandered over to the Mommas to see what we were doing (um, drinking wine and talking, so run along children) and decided to sit and stay awhile around the fire pit. Five little boys, all sitting still for a moment. A miracle, really...
#Wolfpack
It's so funny to me, the random things the boys will find and suddenly be REALLY into for a bit. Take Austin's soccer socks for example. He's had these for over a year but suddenly they were re-discovered and the coolest things around.
Like so cool they had to be worn to school several times too... maybe the thigh-high stockings looks is coming back? If so, Austin is ahead of the trend! haha!
We've definitely gotten a lot of Wolfpack time in! Dinner didn't go over as well as the costume-play (seriously, can I survive on just 2 bites of food and have endless energy too??). At least Henry got a good meal in, since most of it ended up on the ground.
This kid. I was so naive back in the day when I thought Austin was such a hurricane and troublemaker. He is NOTHING compared to his little brother. This kid is so naughty and mischievous. He does so many things he shouldn't, gets disciplined a lot, doesn't listen and gets upset, or gets hurt doing the thing he shouldn't be doing. On this night he sneaked a gummy worm and ate it quickly as Neal was telling him "no" and then was mad he got in trouble about it. Minor issue for sure.. but a good snapshot of our life with him. This kid is trouble.
#ThanksForTheGrayHairOwen
The moments in between the naughtiness and discipline.. are the ones that make it all worth it. When brothers say they are "best frwends" and put their arms around each other for pictures.... Sigh. They were all ready for Jammie day at school on this day. Everyone's favorite day! The kids love the novelty of it, I love the fact they are dressed as soon as they wake up!
#WithAChangeOfCleanUndiesOfCourse
The rain and cooler weather has started... which means lazy weekends inside trying to occupy two active boys. Forts for the win!!!
Here is a terrible picture of both me and Owen. Why? Well I'm like most other Moms... I scroll through my pictures and see the kids... the kids... one kid... the other kid... the kids and husband... the one kid and husband... the other kid and husband... and no pics of me and the kids. So I have to take selfies. Even bad ones.
My kids like cake. I think you can gather that from the above picture. NOM NOM NOM NOM.
#BirthdayPartiesAreTheBest
We tried our first family slumber party... and it was a half-success. Austin passed out and slept awesome, and well... Neal can sleep anywhere basically and falls asleep within seconds of laying down (#Lucky)... but Owen was too squirmy so I put him up in his bed, and I was super uncomfortable so I went up to bed too. Oh well, maybe next time! The concept was fun.
We kept the big Living Room Bed out all weekend though.... I mean, a mountain of pillows and blankets on a rainy day? Heck to the yes. Owen got real comfy on Daddy and nailed the whole "lazy day" thing on the head!
Owen is at the age where he has to do things himself and he gets really mad if you try to help him, or if he can't do what he's trying to do. It's a lose-lose situation, really. Putting on sunglasses has become the bane of his existence... but he finally (after many tears) figured it out! It's gonna be a long year with this one though....
#TantrumAfterTantrum
Of all the movies we've watched, they've never really noticed the speakers.. until last weekend, when suddenly... WHOA. That's where the sound comes from??
#ItsMagic
And just for proof that they can sit quietly and play... and that not every minute of every day is running and jumping and action.... This picture makes my introvert heart happy.
So that's our life lately!
No comments:
Post a Comment