Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Once Upon A Time... There Was A Creepy Forest

At the beginning of summer we made a "Summer Fun" list... just some things we wanted to do and wanted to make sure we fit in around Neal's baseball games and such.

Going to Enchanted Forest was on our list... and I have to admit, I was one of the big supporters of making sure we went, because I really wanted to go!

Austin stayed home with Neal all summer long on Tuesdays and Thursdays again, so I took a Thursday off from work and off we went!

Poor Owen didn't get to go... we figured he was a bit too young and we were right. Almost all the rides and activities there are for slightly older kids, and most have a height requirement. Owen would have just spent the day being mad he couldn't be doing what brother was doing.

So Owen went to daycare like normal and we got to Enchanted Forest right when they opened.

There is definitely a creepy factor to the place... the figurines and animatronics and structures are all a bit worn, run down and skanky looking... which kind of adds to the fun, in my opinion.

I may or may not have jumped though, when I went around a dark corner and came face to face with a lifesize freaky looking witch inside the Witch's Cave though...

I love how fearless Austin is though. Nothing phases him. None of the dark caves or houses or witches... nothing. He just tells me "it's just make believe, Mom!"

There was the Crooked House, which was fun...

And we could have spent all day on the Old Lady In the Shoe's slide....

But there were bigger fish to fry, like the Log Ride!!!

We went down this ride 5 times I think. Maybe more. Austin could not get enough of it! Since he had to go with an adult, we took turns. This picture cracks me up because of his face. He's going "oh my geez!" right as we went down the long water chute!

For our last time we went down all together!

They let you bring your own food, which is nice... so we found a table in a little cottage (cute!) and had our sandwiches. Followed by ice cream for Austin and Daddy, of course!

We had a really fun day and we will be back next year with Owen, since he will then be tall enough to go on most of the rides.

Thanks for the creeptastic time, Enchanted Forest!

1 comment:

Jesica said...

Had you never been to Enchanted Forest??? Man, we used to go every year when we were kids. Jaclyn and I took Jett and Parker last summer and while there were quite a few additions the place was still almost exactly as we remembered from 20+ years ago!!!