Saturday, June 4, 2016

Life Lately- May Was Awful

Wow, it feels like it's been FOREVER since I've actually blogged. 

So this is a bit of catch-up post... 
All I can say is DAMN. 

May was one helluva ride. 

SICKNESS, I BANISH THEE FROM MY HOUSE FOR THE REST OF 2016.

#PleaseAndThankYou

Our life lately started with a lead scare. 

Yep, lead...like the heavy metal... and yep, like we hadn't been through enough with the poops, the strep throat, and all that. 

There was a potential that the air outside at the boy's daycare was full of lead particles from a nearby glass manufacturer. The county conducted free lead testing, and the boys were very brave getting their fingers pricked! 

Austin must not be my child because he was FASCINATED watching his blood go up the little tubey thing.. and anyone who knows me.... I'm passed out cold on the floor if blood is drawn from my body. 

I think the ice cream treat afterwards helped some.


Thankfully, the lead test came back clean... as in super low. So no lead in these boys! Wonderful news!!!!

So what could possibly go wrong now, right??? 

HA. HA. HA. 

Enter Hand Foot Mouth!!!
#FML

Later in the week last week, Owen was really fussy, pointing to and saying "mouf" and being upset. We thought it was teething until I was washing his hands and saw his palms covered in blisters! He had some under his tongue and on his heel too. 

Sigh. The month of May like legit hated us, seriously. 

I had last Thursday and Friday off (vacation days I needed to use up) so my vacation turned into "keeping sick kiddo at home"

Kind of. 

We had cabin fever on Friday because I kept both boys home.... And the world is full of germs anyways.. so what's a little Hand Foot Mouth added to that?? Yep, I'm THAT Mom. We went to the library.
#SorryNotSorry

I made sure Owen didn't drool his germ-drool on anything, don't worry.

 Memorial Day weekend, I took Austin with me for a quick trip south to Springfield. We left Friday evening, endured Memorial Day/Friday night traffic (kill me) and on Saturday morning I went and saw a friend from high school who does hair for a little touching up.

Trust me, don't go 16 months between haircuts.. you start looking like a Yeti. 

Chopped and looking human again, Austin and I drove back home and we spent the rest of the weekend outside, doing nothing but just having fun.

It was awesome. Fun is really fun, guys. Everyone should have fun!


Owen tried SO hard to salute to the National Anthem on TV on Memorial Day... but... well, bless his heart. 

We are trying to be decent parents and all that jazz... so one of our things is trying to teach respect to our country and flag. Whenever the National Anthem is on, the boys know they have to put their hands over their hearts. Austin decided he wanted to salute "like a sole-jer, Mommy!"

God Bless America. 

Until President Trump enters. 

Then.... God may be like "peace out, peeps. Good luck" 

This week continued with nice weather and my first mosquito bite of the season from laying on the grass watching the roller coaster show...
#HelloZika

Kidding.... hopefully that nasty thing doesn't make it's way up to Oregon. Thank goodness I got bug spray.. too bad I didn't realize I need to start using it already. 

Well, that's all folks!

May did a number on us health-wise.. I really hope we are on to better things now. 

Summer is upon us, so we've got that going for us!

Other than now it's bathing suit season.

#Sh**

Have a good weekend friends! See you back here another day!

No comments: