Friday, June 17, 2016

Life Is Like Burned Bread

Sometimes you gotta just scrape off and ignore the bad parts... and savor the parts that are still good. 

Am I right, or am I right? 

Someone make that saying into a tee shirt... I think I just figured out the wisdom of the universe, for reals, yo. 

#JessicaForPresident

Just kidding. 

I'd be like, "let's just all watch The Bachelorette and be friends, mmmkay? Why the violence? Try hugging." 

On to the scenes from our week.....


As much as I grumble sometimes about putting money toward house updates, I'm glad we spent the money on sod for the backyard. If it's not raining, we are out there! Climbing, sliding, spinning.. we can see the backyard easily from inside so the boys even go out there on their own and Neal and I get some actual adult time to talk about our days. Now THAT, my friends... is totally worth every penny.

Plus.... #BeingDizzyIsAPartOfChildhood

On Sunday Neal took Austin to his baseball game but before they left, Austin wanted to "sit and point Mommy's cam-wa at us and take a picture."

Gotta get that selfie culture started young, right??
#IMissedTheNoTongueMemo

While Daddy and Austin were at their baseball game, little one and I did some baking. Well, I baked... he made a mess on the floor with some cereal. I just let him go though.. he was "counting" the cereal and it was adorable. 
Plus, he's occupied, no one's in danger... so #ParentingWin right there, folks. 

Some days... just aren't the best. Same with some new recipes. Thanks magazine recipe, who TOTALLY told me to bake the green beans for the whole 30 mins the chicken was baking. YOU WERE SO TOTALLY SPOT ON. 
#Not

But, I'm sure some people out there would love to have a burned dinner be the height of their problems... I think sometimes life gives us bad days to help put things in perspective. With all the loss our country experienced this week, from violence or terrible tragic accidents.. a burned dinner isn't such a big deal. My heart has been heavy for all the families grieving right now. 

And to top off our week....I didn't take a picture, but last night I finally gave in and went to Urgent Care about my sinuses that had been hurting me all week... and my turn for antibiotics!! A (what the Dr. called "bad") ear infection and sinus infection. So... Neal's up, he's the only family member that hasn't been on biotics in the last 2 months.

#JoinTheClubNeal

So there you have it... my week, burned bits and all.


No comments: