Monday, February 15, 2016

Weekending- Pinatas, Naked Chefs and Snow Piles


Dang. 

Monday is here again. 

Why does this keep happening?? I don't understand...

Sigh. 

At least we had a good weekend!

Here's what went down in our world...

Saturday started off with my Dad dropping by. He and his buddy drove up from Springfield for the Portland Sportsmans Show and he dropped off Valentines goodies for us and the boys. 

It was like Christmas again.. tissue paper everywhere, Austin asking for candy.... smiles of delight over their surprises..

Oy.. our boys are spoiled. 

Up next was a surprise 4th birthday party for our friend's little girl... pink decor, crafts, pinatas and doctor kits! Oh my!




#DoctorAustyOnDuty

Gotta love kid's parties.. especially when they exhaust your 18 month old into taking an almost 4 hour nap afterwards!

Neal was gone some of the afternoon giving a baseball lesson so the boys and I stayed busy with laundry basket races!

And this photo sums up my life... a half-dressed kid, climbing on something he shouldn't be climbing on.... handing me a cup. "Slave, get me more milk! Chop chop slave!!"

And this too.. a kid putting on Daddy's shirt upside down and pretending to be a superhero. I believe he was "Shirt Boy." 
Here I come to save the day...

And you wonder why I need wine. 

Saturday night Austin and I made Mommy Muffins and I got to enjoy a naked chef in the kitchen. Whoo Whoo.
#SassyPants

Sunday... Valentines Day... we were really low key. For being a day all about love... we kinda nailed it, in my opinion.

The boys woke up to some treats....

Austin brought me to tears...

We had breakfast and some stories...

And just stayed in (while it poured down rain) and built big piles of "snow" using all the blankets and pillows in the house. Best used when jumping off the couch into the "snow" in case you wanted to know.

After lunch we did our one festive thing and made Sweetheart Floats in honor of the day.

Oh yeah, and Batman stopped by... so that was pretty nifty. 

I definitely am surrounded by love everyday... and I am so lucky to have my boys by my side to do this crazy thing called life. 



No comments: