Friday, April 3, 2015

Our Picture Perfect Life

Hardy har har.

It's like herding cats..

Having a toddler and a mobile baby... trying to capture a picture of the two of them is a ninja skill I haven't acquired yet.

You always see those perfectly posed pictures online of kids... and I am one of them sometimes because I take about 30 pictures in order to get the 1 that I post of my kids when they are actually sitting still, looking at me, and not doing something weird.

I thought it would be fun to keep it real and show what really happened in the process.

Yesterday when we were picking up Owen, Austin crawled in the ball pit with him.. I thought "how cute! Let me get a pic of my boys!"

"Austin, sit still. Look at me.. Owen!!! Look at Mommy!"

"Austin, you have to look at me for longer than 2 seconds.."

"Austin, hold still.. Owen! Dang it. Don't move.. Owen! Look at Mommy. Owen"

"Austin, you can't say cheese than just move right afterwards. Sit still for a little bit please" 

"Austin!!!"

"Stop moving!! Say cheese! No, sit still.... still like a statue.."

"Yes!! Oh, dang it.. Owen! Look at Mom. Owen!"

"Austin, say cheese and smile for Daddy!!!"

#NailedIt. (kinda)
So today, at drop off.. Austin asked to sit in the ball pit with Baby Owen and hold him for a picture. Much less effort... and the cutest little picture ever did happen. :-)


Taking pictures of young children.. not for the weak. And afterwards all you want to do is have a cocktail and take a nap.

No comments: