This is was a momentous Saturday for two reasons...
We had a girl's weekend at the coast to celebrate our Bride-to-Be Sarah!!
And it was the first time I was away from Owen overnight.
I was really nervous. Austin.. since he was a formula baby from pretty much the start.. was fine with anybody. He never had that "Mommy" connection with me. He liked me, but he was fine if I wasn't around too.
Since I'm nursing Owen, there is definitely more of a bond. He is the type of baby that is always touching my face, smushing himself into me, gets sad when I'm changing him while he's holding his arms out to be held... he is my little Mommy's boy for sure.
Gulp.
I left Neal armed with frozen milk, directions, Owen's feeding schedule and amounts (as he's rolling his eyes at me) and after a million "are you sure you are going to be ok? You're sure? Don't thaw too much milk or it will be ruined. Don't ruin the breastmilk! It's like platinum dipped gold encrusted with diamonds! Are you sure you can do this?" conversations.. my weekend away began.
Monique and I carpooled out to the coast and had a nice day on Friday shopping, having lunch, and driving to the rental house. When we got there, it was just the right time for us girls to sit out on the back porch (which was ON the sand!) and enjoy the beauty that is Oregon.
We may not have bikini beaches.. but nothing compares to an Oregon coast sunset.. really.
We all had a nice pretty relaxing night Friday night.. we dressed our Bride up, played some games.. and I was in bed at 10:30pm!
This picture is blurry.. but Sarah is so beautiful when she laughs her big laughs!!
My first night of uninterrupted sleep...surprisingly I did not wake up a million times as I thought I was going to.. I knew those boys were in their Daddy's good hands!
Saturday morning I was awake before all the girls (I still can't turn off my Mommy alarm clock) and got about 40 mins where I was all alone, sitting in the living room having coffee and watching the ocean. It was kinda bliss.
Once everyone was up a group of us went walking on the beach. It was a warm-ish beautiful day!
We found so many sand dollars it was ridiculous. I spend my whole childhood trying to find one real sand dollar on the beach (and never succeeding) and on this walk we found over a dozen.
It was high tide while we were walking so the only way around a standing pool of water was to climb over this big pile of driftwood. So we all had to channel our inner mountain goats.
Hey there Bride!!
The rest of the day was relaxing. Played games, read.. I took over the huge jetted tub and took a long bath. With no toddler going "can I get in too? Mommy, I want to take a bath wif you!!" and no infant grunting or crying in the background making me all anxious and wondering if I need to jump out of the tub every 2 minutes... it was heaven.
A bathtub I actually fit in!!
That evening we all went to dinner at this great place called "The Irish Table." Comfort food for sure. Irish soda bread, Shepherd's Pie... I got a steak with this marsala sauce and it was amazing.
And then what would a night out be without a little Screw & Brew? That's right folks! Get your hammers and PVC pipes while you have a beer! This place was hilarious. It was a bar and a hardware store.
We had a "selfie challenge" to see what goofy things we could come up with..
Yeah, we had fun with it :-)
Back home the boys enjoyed the nice Saturday with lots of outside play! They had a party in the driveway with some neighbor boys and Austin got to ride his bike around with the "big boys"
I had a great little break.. but I missed them terribly. Needless to say, I raced home Sunday to see them!
No comments:
Post a Comment