This was a fun Saturday... my Dad wanted to come up and go to Portland's Sportsman Show, so he, his friend Ron, and my Mom drove up for the day!
They dropped my Mom off at our house and Neal went along to the show.. so while the boys were off looking at outdoorsy things, we got a day with Gramma!!
And since we had a day with Gramma, we did what we do best with her... shopping!
I had some things I needed at Target so we loaded up the car and headed off.
When we got there I needed something to drink so I let Austin pick something out of the cooler as well. He chose this:
Barbie for the win.
Probably against our better judgement we let him ride around Target on the outside of the cart.. and lo and behold... he fell off and the toddler proved once again that toddlers will always do something in public that makes you look like a failure of a parent.
Oh I see you let your child injure himself by riding on a cart in a very un-safe way. You must be such a good Mom. Thanks, Austin.
Anyways... Owen got a bottle during our trip. He's so good at holding his bottles now! It's cute and very convenient.
We got what we needed, I dabbled with the idea of if I wanted to spend $40 on a one piece swimsuit... I mean, the "mummy tummy" ain't pretty... but I don't swim a lot so I couldn't really justify it.. I will never understand why swimsuits cost so much money.
After Target we went to the mall so I could spend my gift card at Sephora. Austin had fun walking around the makeup store with me, pulling out all the makeup samples and looking at them and making me go "put that back, don't touch that, that's makeup and it's messy. Austin, come over here. Stay by me. You need to stay by me."
Somehow I was un-distracted enough to find a lip gloss.
Then we wandered around JC Penney's and I looked for jewelry to wear in Sarah's wedding. Austin was cracking me up because he was LOVING the jewelry section.
"Mom, did is pretty!!!!"
"Mommy, do you need a boo brwacelet?"
"Mommy, can I put dis neckwace on?"
After we had lunch, and let Austin ride the rides... he went on the Merry-Go-Round and the Ferris Wheel!
We had fun at the mall!
Back home Owen napped and Austin helped me make cookies.. so there were warm cookies coming out of the oven when the boys got home from the Sportsman Show! They kinda loved us at that point... :-)
Come up and spend the day with us again, Gramma!
No comments:
Post a Comment