Thursday, February 5, 2015

Party Like a 3-year-old!!

**disclaimer... photo overload....

January 24th finally came around and our little Austy turned 3 years old!!! I was really excited for this birthday because he is so aware... things were going to start getting really fun.

The celebrating actually started Friday night.. Neal and I wanted to give him his gifts from us the day before his party so he wasn't overloaded.

When we got home from school Neal had Austin's gifts all ready in his room!




A tee-pee! A grabber! The Bernstein Bears Baseball book!!

Oh and let's not forget the cool crown they made him at school that day to celebrate..



He had a potty accident at school and come home in those shorts and the AMAZING baggy knee socks (that don't belong to us)... I mean, could the kid look any cooler????

After the gifts Austin really wanted to eat at the "Panda Ressa-raunt." which is Panda Express. We drive by it everyday and he's been intrigued for weeks. So calorie-laden birthday dinner happened.


He wanted to sit alone at the big table.. and I should say it was calorie filled for me and Neal. Austin ate nothing but broccoli and green beans. He won't touch rice or noodles that look different than what he's used to.

The next morning I tried to be a Pinterest-Mom and we surprised Austin with balloons hanging outside his door!

Notice he's coming out with the grabber in his hand. He's obsessed with it.






Yeah for being 3!!!!!

Family came over for his party that day.. Gramma and Grampa, Gramma Darlene, my Aunt Patty was here from San Diego (yeah!!!), Uncle Brian... Auntie Lori and Uncle Ricky, Uncle Josh and cousin Lorelei... sadly Poppa and Gramma Pete were both sick and couldn't make it.



See? A Pinterest-Mom I am not. We hung a Happy Birthday banner and called it good. Kudos to the Moms that do huge parties with elaborate custom favors and signs and decorations.. I just don't have it in me.

Austin shared some quit time with Gramma since they came up before everyone else. These two just adore each other..


After everyone had filled their tummies, it was time for PRESENTS!!!!

Austin is still at an age where he is delighted with everything.. it's so sweet to watch and I wish he'll always be that way... even though I know at some point his innocent excitement will fade..

The Freezer Guy!!!


A bike horn!!! He immediately started squeaking it and Henry went berserk.

A real wallet! with 3 dollars in it!! Let's go shopping!!

A Batman watch!!!


Jake Play-Doh!!

The Dumbo movie!!

Look at dis guys!!! The BAT-MOBILE!!

And the gift Neal has tried to steal for himself.. a Batman robot thing that talks and moves and goes up and down.

Lincoln Logs! So fun to build forts!!
Austin was a very spoiled, very lucky little boy!!!

It was time for cupcakes. He requested chocolate cupcakes with sprinkles. My Aunt's birthday is a week after Austin so we had one with a candle in it for her to blow out too.

I can't believe he's not a baby anymore... sad.

We partied for a bit longer before everyone had to head home..

Austin is the one who put the bow on Owen.. he was quite pleased with himself. Owen had a hey-day in the wrapping paper!

Getting some Auntie Patty love!

I swear, his favorite person.. I'm STILL trying to figure out a way to get my Grandma to come live with us. He calms down in her arms like no other, it's amazing.

Uncle Brian got stuck with all the package-opening responsibilities. I think my Dad hid when it was time to start opening things...

Go Robot Go!

Our first baby.
After the party it was such a nice day we got outside for a bit. I went on a power walk with Owen in the stroller and Neal ran behind Austin on his bike. 


We stopped at the greenspace in our townhouse complex because Austin loves to play on the rocks.. he took a break and waited for the motorcyle he heard revving it's engine to come racing by. 


And at exactly 3:34pm I scooped him up, told him that this was the moment 3 years ago I pulled him out of my body and held him for the first time. I thanked him for making me a Mommy and kissed him on his sweet face. He squirmed a bit... I know time is fleeting and I won't always be able to hold him, kiss him and be his favorite girl. 



All I hope is he knows how much I love him and how happy I am that I had him. He turned my world upside down and has made me a more patient person. I am proud of the little man he is becoming.. 

He is strong, he is brave, he is kind... he has empathy for others and isn't afraid to show emotion and affection. He is funny and cunning and boisterous and loud. He is active and crazy and loves to be right. He is gentle and stubborn and animated. 

He is perfect. 

No comments: