Do you remember that one toy you got as a kid at Christmas that just made your childhood??
For me it was a Magna-Doodle. Man.. I was so jazzed about that thing.. I was convinced it was going to change my life. I was going to suddenly become a renowned artist and illustrate all these awesome things and be famous and amazing.
What a cute little naive thing I was...
Anyways... I think Austin will (hopefully) always remember how awesome the Christmas was when he got his Big Boy Bike.
He had been talking about the BBB for months... he asked Santa for one and anyone who asked "what do you want for Christmas?" the answer was always "A BIG BOY BIKE!!"
My parents really wanted to play Santa and get him his BBB... and there was something funny with the training wheel so my Dad and Neal were in the garage for a few hours Christmas morning trying to get the wheel righted so Austin could be surprised. My Mom and I had to keep him distracted inside while the "elves" fixed the bike.
I was nursing when it was time to reveal the bike to Austin.. but I could hear him as he walked out in the garage.. "A BIG BOY BIKE!!! Can I... can I wide it wight now???"
So of course, off he went.. never to be inside again...
| There he goes!!! Took to it like a duck takes to water |
| They went around the whole block!! |
| "Yook at me Dad!!!" |
| Don't worry, we got him a helmet too. Neal's parents got him one for Christmas and it was unfortunately too small. Neal got him a bigger helmet the next day. |
| I'm a big boy now!!! |
It's hilarious because when he's not riding his bike, he wants to go look at it. And he'll stand there and put his hands on his hips and say "yep, das my big boy bike!" and then tell us all about the parts it has.
| "Just got to move dis right here." |
| Ain't she a beaut, Clark??? |
| "Its got wheels, an a seat, and brwakes...." |
Ride on, little man.. ride on....
1 comment:
Stop. This is just too cute to handle. I see Neal shining through with how he's looking at his bike. Love it Jess.
Post a Comment