Last Saturday was a very special day because we had a baby shower for my lovely bestie Amanda and her Baby Cakes! (her mother-in-law's nickname for the baby.. isn't it cute??)
I think by now I should just become a party/shower planner... I've done it so many times and each time I get so excited to decorate and set everything up and host.
McKenzie co-hosted with me, and we went with a French/English tea theme and thankfully my Mom has a boatload of antiques at her house so I just "shopped" her house and got everything we needed.
 |
| the dessert array... meringues, macarons, shortbread, tea cookies, cream puffs |
 |
| tea time! Pinkies up ladies!!! |
 |
| favors for the guests! |
 |
| everyone loves champagne, right? and baths, right? So.. that's what I thought. And these mini bottles of champagne? Genius! I'm so not mad I have a few left over... |
 |
| time for presents!!! |
 |
| Amanda's mother-in-law sent gifts for Baby Cakes.. all cute little puzzles and books about animals on the farm! |
 |
| Wine. An absolute MUST for a new mother!! |
 |
| sweet Winnie the Pooh blanket |
 |
| pink jammies are just the cutest things!!! |
 |
| Jackson wanted to get in on the action too |
 |
| the funniest book I've ever seen! It's all about why animals shouldn't wear clothes... that would definitely make life hard for a hen.. poor hen! We were all cracking up! |
 |
| baby Gentry just hung around without pants.. putting out the vibe... |
 |
| the vibe must have worked.. he bagged a pretty hot chick!!! |
 |
| Henry felt so festive.. and feminine... |
 |
| we had two beautiful Moms-to-be! Monique is due any day, and Amanda in December! There are going to be some gorgeous baby girls joining the world soon!! |
The shower was intimate and felt like just a girl's brunch.. we all sat around and drank champagne and tea, ate too much, broke one glass (whoops!) and had a ball. There is nothing like some good girl time and laughing about men, babies, and life.
It was a fantastic shower (and Saturday) celebrating motherhood and babies!
1 comment:
You did such an awesome job, I love shower brunches :-)
Post a Comment