Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Project 857- October 12

Oh Saturday... we meet again!

We had another pretty chill Saturday yet I somehow managed to take a ton of pictures. I guess when you have a funny, cute kid that just comes with the territory!

We woke up pretty bright and early, had some coffee and breakfast and got right down to it with Austin's "awesomes"

His "awesomes" are his little Hot Wheels cars. That is what he calls them and he has about a dozen now.. he loves to carry them around, line them up, pretend to count them and zoom them up and down my butt while I stand doing things in the kitchen. It's, um.. awesome. Ha.

As he was zooming his cars around, I thought I'd sit with my feet on the wall and make him a tunnel to go under while pushing his cars. Instead of playing tunnel, he decided to copy me!


At 8:30 Papa and Uncle Ricky came over to help with a yard project.. poor Papa had to play awesomes before he even had coffee! I don't think he minded that much though.

The boys headed outside to lay gravel along the side of the house and the munchkin and I took up the official supervisors position to make sure the job was going according to plan.

Aunt Lori came over too so it was a whole morning with family! She brought donuts and more coffee and Austin and I got to stay inside in the warm while the boys were toiling away in the cold. We watched some Thomas the Train cartoons and had fun!

We also played Austin's new favorite game, "Awake." The rules are... you lay your blanket down on the ground and lay down on top of it with another blanket on top of you. Then you lay real quiet while someone goes "oh, Austin went night-night... shhhhh... Austin's asleep." for several minutes.

Then you pop up and say "awake!" and laugh and laugh and then repeat a bajillion times.

The boys were done about the same time as Austin went down for his nap, and I had a bridal shower to head off to. I took off for downtown and everyone else ordered pizza and watched the Duck game.

I didn't get any pics of the bridal shower, but it was nice to see a lot of my friends and wish the Bride-to-Be Mackenzie, well. She is marrying Neal's good friend Ian in just a few weeks!

When I got back home it was just Neal and Papa left at the house and they had taught Austin how to do the Spiderman-hand thing while I was gone (you know, when he makes his web shoot out from his wrist). Austin thought it was delightful.

It was almost Austin's bedtime and time for Papa to go home and Neal head out to a friend's to watch the late Beaver game. Papa didn't get to leave until he got some good bedtime stories in though.

After Austin went down I had a lazy night of DVR'd shows and some potato chips. Crazy Saturday night for this gal!!!

No comments: