Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Party Like a 1 Year Old!

A little recap of Austin's three-day birthday celebration!

Yep, three days... I'm already conditioning him to believe that birthday celebrations should last at least a few days, if not a week.

His future girlfriends better step up to the plate.

The first celebration was on his actual birthday, which was a Thursday. Sadly, it was a typical day of work for Neal and I, but that night we had balloons for him, and he got his first bite of cake.

Needless to say, he didn't dislike the cake in any way

He was a polite little monkey though, and smeared all over my face... I mean shared his cake with Mommy.

That Saturday we had a party at our house for family. I went with a baseball theme (is anyone surprised??) and had a hot dog and pretzel bar, and baseball cupcakes.

With his Great Grandmas Darlene and Sharon

Watching some TV with Grandpa!

A basketball hoop for Neal! I mean for Austin! Learning to dunk.

Prezzies, cupcakes, and a whole year of the Birthday Boy

Auntie Lori brought balloons!!!

Me and my barnacle. I mean, my baby who lately only wants to be held by me. 

Our little family

He knew just what to do with the candle... lick that frosting off!

Mmmm.. dig in!
We've got a cake lover here!

Hanging with Poppa
After all the party excitement and once the families left, Austin passed out for an epic over 3-hour nap. Sugar crash, over-excitement... it was awesome since I was glued to the couch and couldn't get up.

Since we are crazy, we did it all over the next day! This time we had a party with our friends at a local pizza parlor (genius by the way..they do all the clean-up). I for some reason got almost no pics of this party. I think I was too busy talking and having a relationship with my club sandwich.

Balloons!


Sweet Barrett, Austin's BFF

Me and my cute barnacle again... 

Our friends are awesome.. so many came to celebrate his bday! Maybe because we provided beer?


Cake again???

I'll eat it if I must

Hmm... think they'd let me have a beer to wash this down?

Is that kid playing with my toy???? What the heck!
My bestie Valerie and her family came up for his party on Sunday too, which was an awesome treat! I miss this girlie a lot! So I had to throw in the cute pic of us from that day.

I must say though... two parties in two days was EXHAUSTING. I collapsed after they were all said and done and I swear I didn't recover for about a week.

Austin better get a girlfriend real quick so she can take over all this party planning for next year.


2 comments:

Laura Rafferty said...

That picture of him dunking the basketball is just adorable! What a lovely blog!

Laura Rafferty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.