Saturday, December 22, 2012

If I Were to Write a Christmas Letter


Dear Family and Friends,

Well first off, Merry Christmas! I know we all can’t believe it’s that time of year again, and I hope this letter finds you well!

Well, nothing much happened in 2012 for the Glynn’s… it was kinda null and void of anything life-changing.

Oh wait, that is my Christmas Letter if I was living in an alternate universe. Never mind, “scratch that, reverse it”… (can anyone name that movie??)

This year has been the epitome of life-changing for our family, because we officially became a family on January 24th! Austin James Glynn was born at 3:34pm on a rainy, cold day and brought us all a little sunshine (and sleepless nights). Neal and I are adjusting to being parents, and after 11 months of practicing, I think we finally have it somewhat-kinda-almost figured out.
Austin is a happy, healthy, strong almost-toddler! He started walking at 10 months old and moved from the Infant Room to the Wobbler Room at Daycare and spends his days playing in the playhouse, climbing up the ramp and through the tunnel, visiting with Mommy at lunch and taking off and hiding his shoes around the room.
We are very fortunate, and very, very blessed to have such a rambunctious, smiley little man in our lives. He loves to rough-house with Daddy and share his binkie with Mommy and makes us laugh and pull our hair out from frustration every day!

Neal started his fifth year teaching in the Silver Falls School District- his third year at the high school. He’s still the head baseball coach, and this year welcomed two new coaches to his staff. He is excited about the upcoming season and what his new coaches will add to his program! He continues to teach weights/PE and make his students run laps and play dodge ball. He loves it and his students very much love him. Neal played for his fourth year on The Outlaws, his men’s baseball league team, this past summer. His team was league champions (yeah!) so there was a lot of excitement and celebration among the guys. Austin went to a few of Daddy’s games this past summer and can’t wait to get out there and play with him! Neal also enjoyed a golf weekend with some buddies, and kept busy working around our house.

As for me, I just marked my sixth year employed with the Kroger Co. and feel very lucky to work for a such a great company. After an exhausting 14 weeks maternity leave (maternity leave is NOT a vacation, in case anyone was wondering) I was promoted within my department from Assistant to Procurement Buyer for Seasonal (my world is filled with Santas and Easter Bunnies- year round). It’s been a stressful 7 months of learning how to be a good leader, guide my own Assistant, and be a working Mom. Many bottles of wine have lost their lives over these last few months… so a moment of silence for their sacrifice is in order…
In my non-existent spare time I hang out with my amazing friends, read, cook, and keep up this blog of our little adventures. Writing is my passion and my blog has become such an important part of my life. I also got to take a much-needed girls weekend up to Seattle to see one of my besties, Amanda, graduate from Sonography school! We are hoping to make a girls' weekend an annual event now.

Unfortunately, there were some horrible tragedies at the end of 2012 with the shooting at Clackamas Town Center mall, and the shooting in Newtown, CT. My heart goes out to all the families affected by this, and it makes me want hold onto my loved ones just a little bit tighter.

I hope 2013 brings you happiness, peace and a lot of good wine with good friends!

Our 2012 Christmas Card



No comments: