I realized my blog needs more tales of the funny little things that
happen in our lives… because I’m treating this as a journal and I know there
are some things I’m going to want to remember years later.
So… here is a funny story…
A few months back after our “when are we doing something
fun?” talk that resulted in a decision to go to San Diego, Neal started looking
at flights. I think it was the summer at the time so I let him handle finding flights
since he had more free time than I did.
He found an amazing deal, booked them and I confirmed my
time off from work!
We were set to jet! Literally.
About two months go by… its October and my Aunt and I had
been excitedly emailing back and forth about our trip down there and I forward
her our flight itinerary so she knew our airline, and arrival times, etc.
As I was forwarding her the info, something caught my eye.
We were booked to arrive in SNA- John Wayne Airport, Orange County.
Huh?
Shouldn’t it be SAN?
For San Diego?
My mind started racing. Was San Diego in Orange County? No,
I swear that was just L.A… was San Diego’s airport actually called John Wayne?
Before I sent the info to my Aunt, I Googled John Wayne Airport.
Yep. It was in L.A. We were flying into L.A. John Wayne
Airport was about 3 hours away from my Aunt’s house.
I tell Neal was happens and he is like “WHAT????????? I
SWEAR I searched for SAN. How did I get an L.A.
flight???????”
As much as these types of things tend to stress me out, I
had to laugh… the poor guy searched for SAN, and got duped by a pesky SNA
flight that slipped in there.
So what to do?
You know those situations where you try and figure something
out and its like “well, if we do “A”, then “B, C, and D” will happen, but if we
do “E”, then “F, G, and H” will happen, but if we want to do “B”, can we do it
if we chose “E”?
That was us trying to figure out what to do… if we flew into
L.A, we could immediately spend a day in Disneyland, but that would require us
to get a hotel, which we didn’t want to do. And we’d have to rent a car, which
is an expense we didn’t want.. but we wanted to go to Disneyland, so wouldn’t
it make more sense to fly into L.A. then? So we weren’t driving back and forth
a ton?
Or we could have my Aunt come pick us up, but with gas
prices how they are, we didn’t want to make her do that. Or we could rent a car
one way, and have my Aunt drive us just one way…Or we could try and cancel
these flights and get routed into San Diego.
Neal calls the airline and they are super nice about, even
though we can’t fully cancel our flights. We turn our flights into vouchers
that can used on any flight in the Domestic U.S. over the next year.
I go online and find flights (that were actually cheaper
than our original flights) for San Diego and book them. So the only downside is
that we were out double the money, since we had to buy flights twice, but now
we have a reason to go on a trip next year since we already have airline
credits.
So.. win/win kinda? We got cheaper flights to San Diego, and
a reason to get our butts on a plane next year and travel again… something I
want to incorporate into our life more anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment