Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Room Fit for a Champ...

Or at least, fit for a baby!

Bambino's room is finally complete and I'm excited to share it!

The room didn't start out so cute though.. full of junk, our lone baby item (a swing) and several paint swatch colors painted on the wall...


We wanted to go with Chicago Cubs colors (I'll give you one guess to who the die-hard Cubbies fan is in our household, and it's not Henry).. So we searched for the perfect royal blue color to paint the bottom half of the wall.

Success finally came and painting began...

I really wanted a chair rail in the room and since you have to give pregnant women what they want, we put one in! Much to Neal's delight, the trim was a bitch and a half to install and required 3 trips to Home Depot, 2 different types of glue, a nail gun, an air compressor and the Expectant Grandpa (aka- My Dad for those who don't recognize him) to successfully get the trim on:

My parents were totally awesome (like usual) and purchased our crib for us. So that meant an exciting Saturday night of playing "figure out the crib assembly."

At least Neal got to have a beer to ease the confusion...



Window coverings came next, and were easy to put up thanks to Ikea's handy "follow the picture" assembly instructions. Henry even helped. Well, helped eat our snack, at least...


Then we were on to final touches! yeah!!! Home stretch.. and the part I was most excited about.

So without further ado, here is Bambino's completed room!
For those of you who don't know, Bambino's real name is Austin!

We've chosen this as his going-home-from-the-hospital outfit!

My hand-made name sign. Only 2 months worth of time and 14 glue sticks were harmed in the making of it.

Special baby treasures- handmade booties, and Neal's first ball from when he was a baby

My Duck friends are screaming right now.. but look! I snuck in one little "O" bootie!!

Chicago lovin'

Repainted dresser

His "vintage" shelf- old memorabilia of Neal's and of course a Sophie!

How it all started....

Full room view

Ready for life's little adventures!

A reminder as to who loves him most... and Go Cubs Go! 

5 comments:

Brittany said...

It looks awesome! My dad had to help Chris put up our chair rail too. Must be a Grandpa thing. I love the framed letters and the knobs on the dresser. All of the little baseball details are so cute. How exciting to finally have it done!

Brittany said...

Oh year. My absolute favorite thing in the room though is the OSU stuff :)

Becky said...

You guys did a great job!! It's perfect. And I love that IKEA lamp, I want one but BIG! :)

Lauren said...

So awesome girl! You did such a great job! I loooove the handmade name sign, tutorial to come pleaseee? :-)

Jodi Guliuzza said...

Austin is one lucky little boy! Great job you guys, it's looks amazing!