Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Great Bambino- Week 34

Wow. Looking back at last week’s update I realized I was cranky! Yikes. The whole post was basically negative and whiny. Umm… apologies? Can I blame it on the hormones?

Please forgive the cranky-pants submission of last week, and here is what went down in Pregnancy Town in Week 34.


Bambino’s Size: A honeydew melon… same as last week. 5 ¼ lbs (same as Henry!) and pretty much full-length at 19.” From here on out he is just plumping up.
Food Loves: I’m back and forth.. some days I’m hardly hungry at all and all I can eat is a yogurt and some fruit and I’m stuffed… and then other days I want to eat all damn day long, whatever I can get my hands on. I’m still sticking to my lower carb regime… but still really craving anything Dairy Queen. Not giving in though!!
Food that’s Gagging me: The usual. Pork and shrimp.
Sleep: The nighttime heartburn is kicking my ass, big time. I had a lot of trouble sleeping over the weekend from it, and ended up on the couch one night… I don’t know what it is about a couch, but it seems to help the acid go away. Call me stupidly stubborn, but I’m so close to the end that I don’t want to get a prescription for the heartburn, I’d rather just deal with it the best I can. Tums (aka my BFF) still work ok.. I just need to make sure I stop eating at least 4 hours before bedtime, since anything less than that seems to bring on the late night acid attacks. Since Neal and I go to bed at 9pm usually, this might make having dinner a bit tricky though..  
Best Moment of the Week: Definitely my weigh-in at my Dr’s appointment on Wednesday and seeing the changes I’ve made actually work!!! We also got Bambino’s room finished too, so that was a big accomplishment and makes it feel even more like the end is pressing near. I’ll share pics of his room in a near future post.

Worst Moment of the Week:  Finding out at my Dr’s appt that my blood pressure is a “bit” high… he was not concerned and told me not to be concerned, but he wanted me to start my weekly appt’s from then on out so he could monitor my BP closer. I have to admit, I am a little worried… I’ve known two girls who’ve had to go on bed rest in the final weeks of their pregnancies because of high BP, and I don’t want to waste several weeks of my maternity leave from work on bed rest. Not to mention, how incredibly boring would that be?? OMG I would go crazy. So I’m hoping for an improvement in my BP at my appt this Wednesday.
What’s Up with My Body: I’m still in pain daily. I’m not complaining (at least not this time.. last week, I totally was..) because I know it’s just part of the deal. My hips and back are just achy all the time whether I sit, stand, walk, lie down, lounge, etc. Truthfully, I’m getting used to it.. when he’s born and my hips don’t ache all day I’ll probably think it’s the weirdest feeling ever.

Bambino is still really active in there and it feels like he is all knees and elbows sometimes because of all the pushing and knobby little limbs I can feel sticking out. His head is down, and my belly is already pretty low (I’ve carried low the whole time) and it seems like he is getting squished in there.. so maybe, just maybe, he’ll make an early appearance?!?!

WE INTERRUPT THIS POST FOR THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
You may not see these weekly updates from me anymore.. I feel like they are getting super monotonous because not a lot is changing in my pregnancy at this point. Bambino is done cooking. My weight is more stable. My hips are sore. I have heartburn. I don’t want to eat shrimp. My blood pressure is a bit high. I *heart* compression socks. And that about sums it up…

So unless there is something significant in the next 5 weeks or so, I probably won’t do these formal weekly updates.. I’m even starting to bore myself a bit with them, so I can’t imagine how bored y’all must be…. yeah, yeah.. I hear you yawning… J

Anyways, I do owe you a belly pic though, since I didn’t get one in last week.

Da Bump: This is what the end of pregnancy does to you. It makes your belly button poke out. And your eyes glow. And you get a bit looney. And you procrastinate about things, like taking down Christmas decorations...And you really start craving some Captain... 



4 comments:

Lauren said...

Such a cute pic hahaha!

Five point Two Nine said...

I don't think you look THAT HUGE! You look healthy pregnant!!

Becky said...

Yay! You look awesome! And I totally look forward to reading your weekly updates! But, I understand if you are sick of them....

Brittany said...

I totally think you should continue with your weekly updates. For one, I really enjoy reading them. And two, even if they become boring, it will be nice for you to look back on later on down the road and recall how you felt in the final weeks of your pregnancy. I have already looked back at my pregnancy with McKinley and had already forgotten things that I experienced. I was so glad that I had documented them. Maybe you can still do a weekly update but switch up the format or include other things, like pictures of the nursery (hint, hint).