Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Takin' the kids to the park...

Neal and I set out for a nice little walk on Sunday afternoon because it was GORGEOUS out. Olive was already outside enjoying the sun, and when we started walking out of neighborhood with Henry, we realize Olive had spotted us and was following us out of the neighborhood.
"meow! meow! Mom! Wait! Wait, Mom! Mom! meow"

I didn’t want her to follow us across the busy highway, so instead of going on the long walk we intended, we decided to just walk around our neighborhood a few times.

The cat followed us the entire time! It was too funny… me, Neal, our pipsqueak of a dog in his baseball sweatshirt… and a cat following along meowing the whole way.
Doo dee doo... just out walking the cat...


She even followed us up into the grass/park area in the middle of our townhouses… so we joked that we were “taking the kiddos to the park” on that nice Sunday afternoon.
Exploring the "park"

Waiting for the dog to walk by so she can pounce

The Glynn Family Outing


Olive would even break out in a fast run at points, zoom by the dog, whack him with her paw, then lay down and “hide” by a curb… teasing him into playing with her. You could tell she was having SO much fun!

I think she liked her little afternoon adventure and is now ready for the next one!
"where to next guys???"

2 comments:

Lauren said...

That is hilarious that your cat wanted to go on a walk too haha :-)

Becky said...

I love Olive. :) This is awesome, and I love all the pictures you took. What a great cat. You'll have to fill us in on the next family outing you go on... How many people out there can say their cat is well behaved enough to follow them on a walk? My cat would take off and never come back. (But, I don't let him outside.)