Here is a recap of what down in Preggo town in Week 27… getting closer and closer by the day!
Bambino's Size: A Chinese cabbage. Since I don’t really know what that is… he is 2 ¼ lbs, and 14 ½” long from head to toe. He’s opening his eyes and blinking… and he’s got eyelashes! (hopefully Neal’s crazy long, thick “baby giraffe” eyelashes)
Food Loves: I’m gravitating back toward fresh cravings… salad, grapefruit (I went nuts and almost bought $8 worth of grapefruit yesterday… good thing I looked at the ad before checkout and noticed a sale on a different variety of grapefruit so I could switch it out), and I had a bad hankering for Jello yesterday so I had to buy some. I’m also all about almonds lately. Every morning I have 2 pieces of toast on the way to work slathered in almond butter, and a big to-go cup filled with chocolate almond milk. I also really craved sugar snap peas last week. I bought 2 bags, and ate almost 1 entire bag within 20 minutes. Those were definitely on the grocery list for this week too!
Food Loves: I’m gravitating back toward fresh cravings… salad, grapefruit (I went nuts and almost bought $8 worth of grapefruit yesterday… good thing I looked at the ad before checkout and noticed a sale on a different variety of grapefruit so I could switch it out), and I had a bad hankering for Jello yesterday so I had to buy some. I’m also all about almonds lately. Every morning I have 2 pieces of toast on the way to work slathered in almond butter, and a big to-go cup filled with chocolate almond milk. I also really craved sugar snap peas last week. I bought 2 bags, and ate almost 1 entire bag within 20 minutes. Those were definitely on the grocery list for this week too!
My dessert/sugar cravings are going away a bit. I still have a mini candy bar every day, but I’m not dying for chocolate/desserts like I was. My sugar cravings have changed a bit to things like Jello and soda (we hardly EVER buy soda to have at home, but I wanted it so bad yesterday we bought 2 different kinds). The awesome thing about being pregnant and wanting soda? Doctor’s would prefer you have real full-sugar soda as opposed to the fake chemical sugar in diet soda.. so no guilt with buying real Pepsi!
Food That's Gagging Me: not much really, the usual. Pork, and shrimp still sounds gross.
Sleep: I’m still sleeping good… sleeping through the night almost every night, with just a few wake-ups either to go to the bathroom or change positions. I still wake up on my back almost every morning, so apparently that position is still comfortable enough for my body to fall into when I’m asleep. I’m wondering how long that will last…. but I’m just letting my body do what it finds comfortable on its own, so if I wake up on my back, I don’t flip positions.
Best Moment of the Week: Two things stick out in my mind… 1) Neal brought home our copy of the form he filled out to get Bambino added to his insurance after his birth, and just seeing his name written down like that made it seem so real. I have to admit I got a little sentimental over that…. And 2) I decided to start reading to Bambino every night. He’s been able to hear for weeks now, and I decided since I’m part hopeless romantic, I was going to read to him from a book of love poems I have. Shakespeare, Lord Byron, all the greats are in there… hopefully the rhythm of the poems and the sound of my voice will become familiar to him. He’s very still and quiet while I read our nightly poem, so maybe he really is paying attention. I’m feeling more connected to him as an actual person now that he’s getting bigger and it’s nice to feel that connection.
Best Moment of the Week: Two things stick out in my mind… 1) Neal brought home our copy of the form he filled out to get Bambino added to his insurance after his birth, and just seeing his name written down like that made it seem so real. I have to admit I got a little sentimental over that…. And 2) I decided to start reading to Bambino every night. He’s been able to hear for weeks now, and I decided since I’m part hopeless romantic, I was going to read to him from a book of love poems I have. Shakespeare, Lord Byron, all the greats are in there… hopefully the rhythm of the poems and the sound of my voice will become familiar to him. He’s very still and quiet while I read our nightly poem, so maybe he really is paying attention. I’m feeling more connected to him as an actual person now that he’s getting bigger and it’s nice to feel that connection.
Worst Moment of the Week:. Ugh. A cold sore popping up on my lip! I HATE getting cold sores. They are so painful and ugly! Before I was pregnant, I’d get a cold sore maybe once every 2 or 3 years… very very rarely. I have now had THREE in this pregnancy! Once when I was about 2 weeks along and didn’t know I was pregnant yet (I remember thinking “why the hell did this pop out?? What is going on with my body that made a cold sore pop out??”) again in my 9th week of pregnancy, and then again in Week 27. I know it’s because my immune system is depressed to help me not fight against the baby I’m growing, and a weakened immune system makes cold sores appear; but it’s still soooooo annoying. I beyond hate them. I couldn’t even kiss my hubby hello yesterday when he got home from a weekend away because of this damn thing on my lip.
What's Up with My Body: I’m officially swelling. Check out my fat foot! What’s funny is that Amanda was in town and stayed with me Friday night and she said “you look great! Your face still looks thin and all that” and then I said “oh I know! I haven’t swollen at all yet!” at that exact moment I kicked off my slipper to (what I thought would prove my point of I haven’t swollen yet) to discover my huge Fred Flintstone of a right foot! Haha! I would have inserted my foot into my mouth at that moment if it wasn’t so fat.
| Momma needs a pedicure- a STAT!!! |
Also, I’m officially at the “dropping everything” phase. Did you know that pregnancy hormones loosen all your ligaments and joints.. including your hands, so your grasp on things is looser and you drop things more often? My phone almost went into the toilet this weekend, and completely fell into my plate of cheese and bean burritos (poor phone). I also dropped a carrot at the grocery store, and several other things throughout the week.. my keys have hit the floor more times than I can count.
My back still gets achy pretty quickly, and a lot of the achiness I’ve noticed is more centralized in my lower rib area… so I’m thinking my ribs are starting to spread a bit to accommodate Bambino.
He’s still kicking hard and being really active and I’m pretty sure I felt an elbow slide across the width of my abdomen one night. That was a weird feeling. Everyone keeps asking me if he’s gotten the hiccups yet, but I don’t think he has. I haven’t felt any rhythmic, repetitive movement like that. He’s more sporadic and his movement is mostly rolling or hard punches/kicks.
Da Bump: Including Henry this week for size reference (and because he looooves attention)! Bambino is right now half of Henry’s weight/size (Henry is 5lbs) but when he arrives he’ll be 1 ½ times bigger than Henry! Crazy.
2 comments:
Aww your poor feet girl! Get hubs to give you a foot massage ;-) Love that bump so rocking it!
The swelling part sucks... but the good news is it goes down quick after the little one comes out :) I don't remember dropping stuff but I remember falling from a dead stand in the shower- I was standing one second and the next had taken down the whole shower curtain in one swoop- made a loud enough thud to wake my sleeping husband up in the bedroom! So careful of balance too!!
Post a Comment