Well…. Here’s my weekly update of what went down in Preggo Town… just got done with Week 28!
Bambino’s Size: A Butternut Squash… about 2 ½ lbs, and over 15 inches long! His bones are hardening and he’s sucking calcium out of me, so good thing dairy is sounding good these days!
Food Loves: Just about anything right now. I’ve hit the pregnant stage of “mmmmm food…..” and I get excited just thinking about eating. I hadn’t had that kind of reaction toward food until this point… I actually went through several weeks of barely eating anything and not being interested in food in earlier weeks of my pregnancy, so my appetite is really swinging the opposite direction now. Top of the list still includes almond butter, apples, yogurt, Caesar salad, anything Mexican, and dessert (I know, still on my dessert thing… not as severely as before, but I’ll just say… chocolate mousse doesn’t stand an ice cube’s chance in hell if it’s anywhere near me). And Thanksgiving coming up?? Let’s just say my stretchy maternity leggings are all prepped and ready to be worn that day!! Bring it!
Food that’s Gagging me: Still completely not interested in anything pork or anything shrimp.
Sleep: Still sleeping really good, but changing positions at night has become a total event that involves strategically putting a plan in place in my mind minutes before the actual change of positions so I can figure out exactly how I’m going to change positions, and then a slow shifting of body parts until the desired new position has been reached. This is all coupled with grunts as each body shift takes place. Move left arm <grunt> shift hip over <grunt> prop up on one elbow <grunt> push down with other arm and shift body onto side <grunt> Needless to say, this wakes Neal up and he ends up asking “are you ok over there?” Yep… just fine darling hubby… just trying to shift around with a 25 lb medicine ball stuck to the front of my body, don’t worry about me…. <grunt>
Best Moment of the Week: hmmm…. Nothing really awesome happened last week that was pregnancy-related. Neal and I had a fun date night Saturday night and went down to Silverton to see his high school kids put on the musical “The Wizard of Oz”…. I never get tired of seeing Neal interact with his students, or see their faces brighten when they see him showing up at an event; “Mr. Glynn! Hey Mr. Glynn! You came? That’s so cool you came! What are we doing in PE on Monday, Mr. Glynn??” He’s so awesome with his students and they just freaking ADORE him it makes my heart burst. I swear sometimes he’s going to be asked for his autograph. Neal showed me his office in the locker room, and while he was using the bathroom, I wandered around and discovered an electronic wrestling scale just sitting there on the floor… just sitting there… waiting… which leads me to my Worst Moment….
Worst Moment of the Week: OMG! That stupid wrestling scale MUST, absolutely MUST be tweaked to read higher than what is real. Because if not, I have somehow gained 15 POUNDS in the last 2 weeks, since I was weighed at my last Dr’s appointment. There is no way. Just no way. All my clothes still fit. Nothing has gotten tighter. What the Eff???? 15 lbs in just two weeks? Its just not possible. I’ve been working out. Hardly eating dessert. Stupid wrestling scale. Put me in the stupid heavyweight division. Hmmphh.
What’s Up with My Body: It’s official. My feet have gotten bigger. They swell once and awhile, but overall they are just wider than what they were before. I am down to one pair of boots that fit, and about 2 pairs of other shoes… so a new pair of shoes might have to be purchased. The problem with being this pregnant in the winter is that you want warm shoes likes boots and things, and those usually fit tighter on your feet to begin with. I can’t just stick on some flip-flops and prance out of the house in 33 degree weather. Even my fuzzy Bearpaw boots are getting tough to wear because my calves have gotten bigger and they don’t fit up on my calves right. I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but Crocs are starting to look appealing.
I am still really feeling my bulk.. it’s getting really hard to get up from certain sitting positions, laying positions, and it’s getting nearly impossible to bend over. Putting on socks? Like and elephant trying to put on pantyhose. I’m that coordinated about it.
2 comments:
Great holiday pic love it!!! :-)
What size shoe do you wear? I can loan you one of my pairs of haflingers. Super comfy. They are those grey wool slip on things I have. Not the cutest but great with boot cut jeans very comfy and not tight. They are size 39.
Post a Comment