Here is a recap of what down in Preggo town in Week 26… which according to my pregnancy book, is the first week of Trimester 3!!
Bambino's Size: 2 lbs! He’s like a head of cauliflower this week… and boy can I tell by the way he thumps into my organs all day long.
Food Loves: I’m definitely on a Caesar salad kick again, and I’m still all about apples. We went grocery shopping yesterday and I was loading up my produce bag with apples and Neal was like “geeeezzzz! Do ya have enough?” Well, when we both eat at least 1 apple a day, that’s a big haul needed for the week! Maybe I should just start buying bushels.
Food Loves: I’m definitely on a Caesar salad kick again, and I’m still all about apples. We went grocery shopping yesterday and I was loading up my produce bag with apples and Neal was like “geeeezzzz! Do ya have enough?” Well, when we both eat at least 1 apple a day, that’s a big haul needed for the week! Maybe I should just start buying bushels.
I’m also really into hot chocolate lately. Almost every morning I’ve been making some to drink on the drive to work. I’m pretty much done drinking coffee because it started to give me heartburn and taste odd, so hot chocolate has been my alternative.
I’m also (sadly) still on my sweets kick.. I was bored Saturday night, so cookies ended up being baked. Bad bad bad! Part of me is going “its ok, I eat really healthy all day long, so having a little extra sweets is not a big deal” and then the other half of me (usually when I see myself naked in the bathroom lighting) goes “oh hello, Thunder Thighs… don’t forget you have to LOSE all that weight you are piling on!” It’s a constant battle.
| What Evil looks like... |
Food That's Gagging Me: not much really, the usual. Pork, and shrimp still sounds gross.
Sleep: I’m still sleeping really good and really deep (thankfully) and I haven’t had any bizarre bad dreams either. I’m starting to enter the 3rd Trimester “back to being tired” phase though. On Saturday I was EXHAUSTED and could not stay awake at 5pm. I ended up taking a little nap on the couch and still managed to be tired at bedtime too. I’m feeling the desire to nap coming back like I experienced in the 1st Trimester.
Best Moment of the Week: Probably passing my glucose test! I have to admit I was a bit worried because of all the sugar and sweets I’ve been hogging down as of late…. So passing it and hearing that my body is handling food and sugar and glucose totally normal was a big sigh of relief and very good news! Plus that should be my last blood draw of this pregnancy, as long as things continue to go smoothly for me. Anytime I conquer a run-in with a needle I am very proud of myself. J
Also, I worked the Concession Stand at Neal’s high school with him on Friday night for a home football game and some cute old man told me that pregnant women are beautiful and that I looked great. That was pretty sweet.
Worst Moment of the Week:. Ok, I confess. I was a teeny bit moody last week. The only person who probably knew this or noticed this was Neal, since I try not to let my moodiness come out at work. I was just downright cranky, and kept getting offended over every single thing and doing the classic moody girl response of “and what do you mean by THAT???” whenever Neal would say something. I also cried for no real reason on Thursday when I sat down to eat dinner, so that was fun for Neal too. He handles me SO well I’m always reminded that I married the right guy for me. Love you Neal! Sorry Preggo over here was an emotional roller coaster last week!
What's Up with My Body: The back pain has officially arrived! I think pregnancy is prelude to what it’s going to feel like being old. I get up in the morning and my lower back is so stiff and sore I hobble around for several minutes until it loosens up a bit. I also went a bit crazy yesterday cleaning the bathroom and tweaked my upper back and had pain whenever I breathed for the rest of the day. I also can’t sit for longer than about 10 mins before my back starts to ache. I have to use a throw pillow for lumbar support on the couch. I guess this is all normal seeing that I have 22lbs of compact tummy on the front of my body.
I definitely can notice a pattern in his movements at this point. He’s really active when I first wake up and for the first hour I’m at work, and then he’s pretty quiet in the late afternoon, and then gets crazy again in the evening. I think this little guy loves food because as soon as I start eating he starts in on the Happy Dance… especially if I eat anything Mexican, apples, or anything a bit spicy. I made amazing cheddar-jalapeno meatloaf last week and he went positively berserk!! Well, it probably helped that I had a Pepsi with my dinner that night so the poor kid got spicy and caffeine all at once!! It’s fun to see what food he reacts to. Last night I was reading and had my book resting on top of my belly and it was bopping up and down! He’s a very very active little dude. He’s still a little unpredictable though, and anytime he goes crazy and I get Neal to put his hand on my tummy, Bambino will stop. It will probably be a bit longer before he’s more consistent and friends or family will be able to feel him… unless they want to sit with their hand on my belly for at least 10 mins and wait for it.
I can squeeze my belly button all the way out! And then poke it back in… this bothers Neal. So I do it a lot. J Just a little bit more and it will be popped out on it’s own!

2 comments:
"This is what evil looks like"
LOL Luv it :D
You seriously look SO great!
Post a Comment