I have been having the worst nightmares lately.
I don’t know what it is in my chemically altered pregnant brain that is causing these, but almost every night I’ve experience some sort of horrible stressful scenario in my dreams.
Maybe every fear I’ve ever had in my entire life is manifesting itself in my dreams, now that I’m going through the biggest and most permanent change a woman can ever go through?
I tend to be a fear-based dreamer anyways… I constantly dream about being chased, being left behind, having people mad at me, etc… but lately they’ve been pretty intense:
-I dreamed Neal was being tortured. He was being chased by something, caught, beat up, put on horrible torture machines and then released just to have it happen all over again. This was the dream that woke me up a few days ago and I made him tell me that he was ok because it freaked me out so bad.
-I dreamed my Dad was injured and in surgery. My Mom was panicking and needed to get to OHSU and I was trying to drive her, and kept getting lost and turned around and couldn’t find my way.
-I dreamed I was being chased by something wielding a knife. I tried hiding in a car and the thing kept dragging the knife across the car window trying to get at me.
-I dreamed someone was in trouble and I was trying to dial 911 but couldn’t get my phone to work, or my fingers to dial the correct numbers. I kept fumbling with the numbers over and over and over and feeling panic rising in me.
And these are just the dreams I remember. I know there has been several other times where I’ve woken up disturbed and knowing I dreamed about something bad, but just couldn’t get my mind around it enough to remember it in the light of day.
Obviously I’m nervous about becoming a Mom (what pregnant woman isn’t?) but is that why I keep having all these nightmares? My brain is just full of fear?
Did anyone else out there have super scary dreams during their pregnancy too?
2 comments:
The good news is, once you have the baby, you stop dreaming.
I had crazy, wild, awful dreams. Wait till you get the calf cramps...
Post a Comment