Here is a recap of Week 24 in Pregnancy Town! I can’t believe I am almost done with my 2nd Trimester… time needs to slow down a bit.. I’m not ready! Ack!!!
Bambino's Size: An eggplant.. and his equilibrium is being fine-tuned this week and he’s started to learn the difference between up and down. Hopefully this kid does catch on, because right now I’m pretty sure he is feet down (based on where I feel kicks) so it’s time to flip around there, son!
Food Loves: Yogurt and apples are still high on my list. I didn’t strongly crave anything last week… pretty much everything sounded good. I’m over my candy bar addiction, but I still have a really strong sweet tooth. I’ve been in a dessert making frenzy: banana chocolate chip muffins, key lime cheesecake, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.. now pumpkin muffins have been on my mind. Neal joked that I’m trying to force desserts upon him in a subconscious effort to make him gain some sympathy weight… haha! Italian food has been sounding good too and I made an awesome healthy lasagna with whole wheat pasta, low fat cottage cheese in place of ricotta, and thinly sliced zucchini layered within. I’m also still on a soup kick and have been making a different homemade soup every week (Thank you Pat and Erin for getting me my Dutch Oven for a wedding gift!! It’s been getting A LOT of use!!). Last week’s beef barley vegetable turned out awesome!
Food Loves: Yogurt and apples are still high on my list. I didn’t strongly crave anything last week… pretty much everything sounded good. I’m over my candy bar addiction, but I still have a really strong sweet tooth. I’ve been in a dessert making frenzy: banana chocolate chip muffins, key lime cheesecake, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.. now pumpkin muffins have been on my mind. Neal joked that I’m trying to force desserts upon him in a subconscious effort to make him gain some sympathy weight… haha! Italian food has been sounding good too and I made an awesome healthy lasagna with whole wheat pasta, low fat cottage cheese in place of ricotta, and thinly sliced zucchini layered within. I’m also still on a soup kick and have been making a different homemade soup every week (Thank you Pat and Erin for getting me my Dutch Oven for a wedding gift!! It’s been getting A LOT of use!!). Last week’s beef barley vegetable turned out awesome!
Food That's Gagging Me: Pork, naturally. And I’m still kinda turned off by shredded meat. Neal was talking about pulled pork last night and I cannot see myself eating pulled anything. Scrambled eggs are still a bit gross too.
Sleep: I slept ok last week… Most nights I sleep through the night, I don’t wake up every night to use the bathroom, so that’s been nice. I just still had a lot of abdominal pain last week, so turning over in my sleep would result in sharp pains down my left side, and getting into and out of bed had to be done in a very slow, careful old lady type manner. My cold didn’t help my sleep last week though! Ugh… I have never missed NyQuil more in my life!!
Best Moment of the Week: hmmm…. There wasn’t really anything super duper awesome last week… Neal and I went on a walk on Tuesday because it was gorgeous out, and I got a few steps closer to finishing the project I’m doing for the Bambino’s room. That’s kinda it, really. Last week was slightly more bad than good.
Worst Moment of the Week: As I mentioned above- getting a cold. I hate getting colds anyways, but when you are pregnant your choices of medicines are extremely limited. You can take Tylenol, or Dimatapp (which is a children’s cough syrup… does that mean I can have the whole bottle???) and that’s it. So I just suffered through and carted around tissue with me everywhere I went. Henry was quite excited about this since one of his most favorite activities is to find used tissue I drop and forget about and then shred them to smithareens. My sweet hubby gave me lots of backrubs to make me feel better… it was no NyQuil, but it was close. J
What's Up with My Body: Ok, I need to complain just for a second. Last week sucked. It really did.. It was by far, the most uncomfortable oh-my-god-I-am-SO-DONE-BEING-PREGNANT week I’ve had. I had so much abdominal pain in my left side that I finally had to call the Advice Nurse at my Dr’s office. I was bent over in pain trying to walk every time I got up from a standing or sitting position, and I had sharp pain shooting down my left side with every step. It literally would take my breath away and bring tears to my eyes. Thursday night I was hobbling around the house holding onto the counters, the couch, anything to help me walk around. I’m sure I was pretty funny to watch. The Advice Nurse said it sounded like a torn ligament (the pain was nowhere near or close to cramps/contractions/uterine pain.. so nothing to do with that) and that while it was really painful, not uncommon to have happen. She said to just take it easy and take Tylenol. How the heck did I tear a ligament though? Geez…. So Neal had to go to the store and get Tylenol for me and I started taking that every 8 hours and thankfully it helped, but there is still soreness there and I have to be careful how I move or twist.
The ligament pain, coupled with my cold, and just more soreness, fullness, tightness in the baby bump region, and heartburn everyday, made for a really uncomfortable week. I’m afraid to admit how many times I whined to Neal about being uncomfortable and how the heck and I going to make through 16 more weeks of getting bigger, etc… It didn’t really help that Bambino is like David Beckham in there (kick kick kick kick KICKKKKKKK!!!!!!) and kept kicking the sore ligament spot on my left side. Owie…..
My belly button really is going to pop out at any moment.. I can breathe really deep and watch it almost pop out, then go back in… then almost pop out, then go back in. Hours of entertainment! Ha.
I've gained 15 lbs total so far... so I've got 20 lbs still in my ideal weight-gain range I can gain, and 16 weeks of pregnancy left.. I feel like I'm doing ok!
Da Bump: We forgot to take a photo yesterday and my photographer was still in bed this morning cuddling with the dog **lazy** so I had to do a self-portrait. And I got a front view for ya this week!
2 comments:
Im so sorry about the ligament. That SUCKS!!! But hey, at least you have only gained 15 big ones so far! That is pretty good. At your rate, you wont have the additional weight you never should have gained to lose like I do. Boo for extra weight. :(
You are looking gorgeous!! :)
Post a Comment