Monday, October 10, 2011

The Great Bambino- Week 22!

I hope everyone is enjoying my new blog! Thanks for all the emails and comments I’ve gotten so far! I’m excited to keep writing and sharing and doing so on a much smaller, more private capacity!

Here is what went down in Pregnancy Town last week…. (click *here* if you want to catch up on all my previous weekly Bambino posts)


Bambino's Size:  11 inches long and over a pound! The size of a large mango.

Food Loves:  Pretty much everything at this point is good. I don’t have any intense cravings (other than candy bars still- really hoping that begins to go away) and apples. I’m really enjoying yogurt, which I’ve mentioned before was definitely not a favorite food of mine pre-pregnancy. I still love fruits and veggies, and creamy soups, Mexican food, and get this…. we had steak fajitas last night and I LOVED the steak! So my taste for meat is coming back….


Food That's Gagging Me:  Except I will never eat another pork chop again. I just can’t do it. I am permanently turned off from pork- ham, pulled pork, pork roast, pork chops… good luck getting me to eat any of those ever again. Give me $100 and we’ll talk, but other than that, I’m steering clear of pork.

Sleep: I slept more restless last week. One night I was having crazy bad dreams that Neal was in danger and being tortured and I woke up at about 2am, which woke him up and I actually said “can you please tell me that you are ok? Because I’m having nightmares with you in it.” So he told me he was ok and then I went back to sleep. Last night I rolled over in my sleep and woke up with horrible acid reflux and had to fumble for the Tums on my bedside table. I also am waking up with some abdominal pain in the morning, which I’m assuming is me stretching out and growing.

Best Moment of the Week: We started decorating Bambino’s room! I will post pics once it’s done to show you the progress, but we have it painted and are now working on some details! I have projects in mind for decorations, and for painting his dresser, so I’m excited to get started on those. My other good moment of last week was finding a good indoor workout to do with the coming nasty weather… more on that later, I think you’ll get a kick out of it!


Worst Moment of the Week: Well, Monday really sucked, if y’all saw my post on my Coach’s Wife blog… so I’d have to say that was one of the “worst moments.” I also just had a full week of abdominal pain and discomfort. I don’t know if it was digestion related, or if it was related to muscles stretching and being sore, but I just didn’t really feel all that good in that area all last week. I felt like my abdomen was full of cement and it would be painful when I moved and twisted and bent over.  

What's Up with My Body: Well, as I just mentioned… a lot of abdominal pain and discomfort went on last week, which I really hope just mean a growth spurt and I’ll feel better this coming week. It’s frustrating to do everything you can think of- work out, eat really healthy, drink a ton of water- and still have your digestion messed up, and have a fullness/discomfort feeling all the time. Bambino is moving around quite a bit, and last week I felt the very distinct difference between a punch/kick and a ROLL. That was WEIRD!! I also can feel movement up higher (around my belly button) than I did just a week ago, so he is taking up more and more space. My hair is finally feeling thicker… even though I know from articles I’ve read that this isn’t really my hair getting thicker, I’m just losing a lot less than what I did pre-pregnancy. Which is true, I haven’t had the pleasure of leaving Neal furry hair-clump creatures in the shower lately! I also am stuffed up a lot, and (sorry- TMI!) have a lot of phlegm in my throat, all the time. I’ve also had a few bloody noses (which are totally normal) but very annoying since I’ll just be sitting there and bam! Blood starts running down. Gross.

Da Bump: This week you not only get the pleasure of seeing Da Bump… but me without makeup! Don’t you all feel privileged????  


I also had to laugh at my attempt at wearing my favorite sweatshirt.. it just doesn’t fit anymore! My Mom said I look ready to go to Wal-Mart in this outfit. So true!



4 comments:

Jodi Guliuzza said...

Sorry to hear about the emotional stress you've had! You look adorable and I know you will be the bestest Mommy!

Jill said...

You look so great! And I love the format of this new blog (the colors and background). So pretty!

Lauren said...

Love your cute bump, lol about the sweatshirt!!!!! :-)

A Family Affair said...

Wait til you are skinny enough to wear your sweatshirt but your boobs are too big to zip it up -

Love the pic!