Halloween!!!!! Things were very different in 2020 because of the pandemic. Cases were spiking all around the country, so the Powers That Be were really encouraging everyone to not gather in large groups, not go Trick-or-Treating... etc.
Halloween is not my favorite holiday, but it is Austin's and I felt bad that the one year it's finally on a Saturday, and the weather was going to be dry and warm... happens to be the year we can't really celebrate.
Poo.
So... we tried the best we could to make this Halloween fun, even though it was a very different year.
I took the boys to Target a few weeks before Halloween to pick out costumes. It took us forever because Austin kept changing his mind (he goes through about a dozen ideas throughout the whole year because he wants to be ALL THE THINGS).Owen pretty quickly decided on being Black Panther and Austin finally decided on being Boba Fett. Very tough looking little boys!!
So I fell into the "Pinterest-Mom" trap a little bit and heard about indoor Trick-or-Treating somewhere and decided that would be the perfect fun and special activity for Halloween. I went to the store and got 10 goodies/little toys/treats for each boy, and we numbered all the doors in the house. The bathrooms, the bedrooms, the closets, etc... Then Neal and I ran and closed ourselves behind each door and the boys knocked on the doors and got to "Trick-or-Treat"
Trick-or-Treat... from the outside of the boys' bathroom!! We also turned off all the lights in the house and gave them flashlights to use, which increased the fun.
Neal got a little creative when they knocked on Owen's bedroom door and Big Wally is the one that answered! The boys thought that was hilarious!
Cubbie was still brand new to our family, since we got him 2 days prior... so he was a bit unsure about all this commotion. He really clung to me and even tried to get fresh by putting his paw down my sweatshirt. (He wasn't as scared or nervous as he seems in this picture though, I promise!)
Henry "dressed in a hoodie" even made an appearance at one of the doors! The shenanigans... I tell ya.
One of the favorite goodies was the Halloween suckers with teeth! That was the main piece of candy both boys wanted to have right away.
It was a late night for the babies...these blankets were one of the goodies they got Trick-or-Treating and they wanted to be burritos as we went up to bed.
Overall it was a fun Halloween! Definitely different and not ideal, but the boys both said it was a really fun Halloween so success in our books!!!












No comments:
Post a Comment