So, all the nicknames...
I think I've explained before, but when Owen was born, we called him Baby Owen. That somehow turned into BoBo (B for Baby, O for Owen)... DooDoo came around the time he was two because he was so excited to turn two, he kept saying "Doo!!!" over and over (that's how he pronounced "two")... BooBoo was a natural progression from DooDoo and ended up fitting perfectly because he is always getting hurt.
OK are his initials, and he likes to go by that sometimes. So he's our boy of many names. :-)
This picture sums up Owen perfectly. He's just a little bundle of beauty and happiness and joy. He really is. I know they say the baby of the family is special, and that is so true for our family because Owen is definitely special.
This photo cracks me up. Our pool is on it's last leg and is totally leaning to one side from a summer of being splashed in, and from our patio being slightly sloped. I can hear Owen in this moment, popping up from the water going "naaaahhhhhhh!!" in his silly nasally voice he does a lot. I think this will always be one of my favorite pics of him because I can remember the moment so well.
He is our comedian. He LIVES to make people laugh and to pay attention to him. He's going to be a hoot in his 20's, I can already tell. If he does something funny and thinks you didn't notice, he'll do it again and again just to make sure you saw him. He decided this was the best way to wear a mask into my work one time. I mean... gotta make sure you are totally covered, right??
Owen is our little cuddle-bug. Don't get me wrong, Austin is sweet and affectionate too... but he's a bit more independent. He usually has to initiate the affection, on his terms (he's like a cat) while Owen is like a dog... always willing to cuddle, always wanting to be near someone or something (he won't leave the dogs alone and constantly wants to cuddle them). Since the pandemic and having lazier mornings, he would climb into bed with us every morning and cuddle.
He is also very naturally thoughtful, which is a quality I don't think you can teach someone. He just always thinks of ways to help, or compliment you to make you feel better. He is a giver and I love that about him SO much. One morning he decided to make Austin breakfast and made him toast. They both claimed the toast was burned (I disagree) and so he switched to pouring Austin a bowl of cereal. I love how he lives to make other happy.
August 12th 2020 arrived... and DooDoo was officially SIX YEARS old!!! He got a sweet big brother hug when he first woke up... discovered presents when he went downstairs, and had a birthday breakfast of cinnamon rolls and bacon.
I took the day off from work, and since we couldn't have a big party (#COVID) we went to the beach for the day!!! It was warm and sunny, there was no crazy breeze and we had lots of fun. Other than we went to Seaside and there were a ton of people on the beach. They were all spaced out, so that was fine.. but it takes away from the beauty of the environment to see just tons of people and trash in the sand.
Nickname: OK, BooBoo (Austin pipes up "Mr. Crazy!")
How Old Are You: 6!!!
Favorite Color: the rainbow (he does love coloring rainbows, so this is very true)
Favorite Animal: penguin! or giraffe!
Favorite Book: Berenstain Bears (true... he's obsessed with all of these books)
Favorite TV Show: Spy Kids (????)
Favorite Movie: Scooby Do! My favorite is the Pirate Scooby Do movie (Again...????)
Favorite Song: Ready Aim Fire
Favorite Food: strawberries
Favorite Drink: mmmmm lemonade!
Favorite Breakfast Food: waffles!
Favorite Snack: Z Bar Iced Oatmeal Cookie
Favorite Outfit: my wedding outfit!! (the one he wore in Poppa & Karen's wedding)
Favorite Game: Mario Brothers
Favorite Toy: my space shuttle. Legos
Best Friend: Austin!!!
Favorite Thing to Do: build puzzles
Favorite Thing to Do Outside: swim in the pool!
Favorite Holiday: Christmas!
Favorite Thing to Take to Bed: Fluffly Head! (the little stuffed eagle)
Favorite Place: Gramma and Grampa's house
Favorite Restaurant: McMenamin's
Where Do You Want to Go on Vacation: Salem!! (Austin pipes up... "ummm ok")
What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up: a police officer. No... I want to be a doctor!
Happy big SIX baby Owen!!



















No comments:
Post a Comment