Wednesday, December 23, 2020

K + K.... The Wedding

 I wanted to dedicate a whole post to the wedding of Poppa and Karen (otherwise known collectively as K + K, or K-squared). 


Kyle met Karen in March 2018... they were an instant match, and fell in love really quickly. Karen is outgoing, vivacious, energetic and curious about the world. She loves adventures, and that brought out a side of Kyle he had to tuck away for the last several years while nursing Gramma Pete through her cancer. She really brought him back to life, in a sense. 

The original plan was for them to get married at a cute resort on the coast, but when Covid hit, they weren't sure what that would mean for their wedding. As the date drew nearer, they checked in with the resort and found out a month before the wedding date that the resort would not let them hold their wedding there because of Covid restrictions. 

A quick change of plans, and they decided to keep their wedding date and get married at a friend's house in Salem. It turned out perfectly for them... the house was AMAZING, the views made you feel like you were in Tuscany, and K + K got to have their small (about 30 people) wedding just like they planned. 

Lori and her boyfriend Ash came down from Seattle and we all rented a cute house together in Salem. We helped set up, we helped clean up, and the day turned out just perfectly! 



The Happy Helpers getting everything set up!!! Neal discovered he is a master at draping tulle! Who'd-a-thunk??? The boys stayed busy with some crafts... and they were assigned a very special job of drawing chalkboard pictures on the long winding driveway that led up to the reception area. 


It was hot, thirsty work being artists!!!


The boys drew the cutest pictures.. and Owen drew a picture of Karen's dog Mocha.. because he wanted to make sure Mocha was part of the big day!!!


We did a few rehearsals to get the timing down, and the boys did great! Austin was nervous so I had to reassure him that people will be looking at him, but it's because he's so cute and handsome. He claims he has stage fright.. which is odd for a kid who is very extroverted. 


Look at that view!!! The house was on the top of hill and it looked down on some of Oregon wine country and it was very easy to pretend we were at a exotic location. 


I mean... .look at the house. Seriously. Whatever they do for a living, I want to do. 


The driveway leading up the ceremony and reception space. The boys had it looking so beautiful!


I love this picture of Austin... we stayed up a BIT too late the night before the wedding playing Uno. Austin got the hang of it really quickly and turned into a card shark! This is him going "Moooooooom" when I said I wanted to take a picture. 


The big day arrived!!! The boys looked SO FREAKING CUTE in their wedding outfits I could barely stand it. Look at those little creatures Neal and I created!!!! 


Places everyone!!!! I didn't get any pics of the actual ceremony because I stood up pretty far away. I had to be up at the top of the patio to help get the boys lined up and ready, so I wasn't in a good spot to get any ceremony pics. It was short and sweet, and full of sentiments from the bride and groom. They are just so happy to have found each other!


There's the happy couple!!!!! Cheers!!!


We were able to get some great family pictures after the ceremony. The property was so beautiful it was the perfect backdrop. 


The boys and their Aunti Lori!!!! They had fun spending the whole weekend with her.


Food!!! This little ring bearer was HUNGRY. He scarfed down several plates of food!


In true Covid-fashion.. we were armed with masks!!! There was only about 30 people at the wedding, and obviously we were outside, and could spread out easily. The only time we really had to wear masks was while in the food line.
 

Why do bathrooms always have such good light??? Austin looks so much like a little Neal in this picture!!


The boys and Poppa. Owen wanted to change after the ceremony but Austin loved his suspenders and bow tie and wanted to keep rocking them... 


Signing the guest book!


We were blessed with an awesome sunset that night... my phone camera didn't even begin to do it justice. 


Have toys, will travel... we brought several things along with us to help keep the boys busy during the reception. There was a huge paved area that got a lot of scooter action!


First dance as Mr. and Mrs!! Karen brings out such a playful side to Kyle, that I haven't seen in the 13 years I've known him. They love to dance and choregraphed a real dance to share with everyone. 


I wish my phone took better pics at night.. this would have been so cute if it were a bit clearer. Stupid phone. 


Again with this one... but you can get the idea. The boys' scooters have light up wheels and they were just scooting around the reception area at mad speed! The music was pumping, boys were scooting around, it was so much fun. Of course they got to stay up way too late, again. Party time!



Austin in this picture is EVERYTHING. Gosh, I love that silly dude so much! 

Congrats K + K!!! 

No comments: