We are officially in Winter now... so here is a look back on how we wrapped up Fall 2016!
Again, another picture overload post.. I need to be better about posting these more often so I don't have so much to get caught up on! We'll call that a possible New Years Resolution.
Ok, here we go!!!
We spent many an evening/weekend at the library! Our library just got renovated and it's awesome! They have a huge area for kids with Legos, blocks, puzzles, computer games... was it sad that I spent 15 mins trying to figure out how to get a certain computer game to work and Owen figured it out in no time?? #I'mOld
Mah name's Owen. Owen Gump. haha. Something about the khaki pants and baseball cap totally reminded me of Forrest Gump... I had to laugh.
Neal and I got a date night out with some friends in early November. We were happy to see that our little downtown Oregon City was quite the cool location! Lots of cute restaurants and cafes have popped up in the last few years, and we're excited to try out new places and be really close to home.
Squirrly kids?? Give them brushes and play Beauty Parlor. Just expect a rat's nest to ensue... stock up on conditioner to get those tangles out.
A Tale of Two Brothers.... School Face-Off. I can't believe that in about 6 months Austin will no longer be at daycare, and I'll be dropping off and picking up just Owen. I'm already dreading it. It's going to be a huge transition for us. The boys are used to seeing each other during the day, and playing together... I hope these next months go by slowly. #Don'tComeTooFastKindergarten
Watch your wallets folks! Austin learned the fine art of playing for money (in his case, the board game Aggravation with Gramma Darlene) and has experienced the sweet taste of victory!! He was so excited about his dollar!!!
Just a totally typical picture of a typical 4-year-old on a typical Sunday afternoon. Anything and everything is used to fuel his imagination. This is his rocket ship with a shooter gun. Definitely all boy, and creative to boot!
Poppa and Pete wanted to give the boys jumbo stuffies for Christmas, and the koala for Owen was at a store near us... so I got the pleasure of going to pick him up and driving him to Poppa and Pete's house. He was a pretty awesome carpool partner... wore his seatbelt, didn't try and tell me how to drive, and let me control the radio.
There is nothing cuter than a cute kid with some bad hat-hair.
#OwenHasWings
"Hey kids... you have a whole playroom full of toys. Don't ya want to go play with those? No? Just this box? This box is the bestest toy ever and totally worth all your attention and even fighting over? Alrighty then..."
We got Austin a little Kindergarten workbook to do while Owen is napping on the weekends. We try and have Austin have "quiet time" (which doesn't always happen) so when we found out he did worksheets once at a friend's house and loved them, we got him his own. Now if we can just convince him that paying bills is fun too and hand that paperwork over to him as well...
Rah! Rah! We went down to Canby one night because Neal's school had a varsity basketball game against them. He wanted to see his students play and we thought the boys would have fun. Thankfully basketball games are full of fun things like popcorn and cheerleaders and mascots and bands and buzzers and bleachers. The game? Did they enjoy the game you ask? What game?? haha. #TheyWereDistractedByEverything
Owen is going through a major Daddy phase... so any cuddles I get lately are from my buddy Austin. He still loves his Mommy and freely gives hugs and kisses and cuddles all the time. I will take it!!
We had two weeks of really crazy winter weather and got some snow and ice. That means we all stay home and make cinnamon rolls!!! The boys thought icing them was the real fun part and didn't even really eat them... more for me and Neal!
Hello Winter Wonderland!!!
This is how you spend a snowy morning at home!! Comfies, blankets, cartoons... I want to be a kid again, seriously.
Instead, I get to be an adult. And have a career. And keep up on my work by working from home on the snow days. At least I got to work in my robe, and my coworkers were super cute.. if not slightly too loud, a bit sticky and sometimes poop their pants. #I'mLookingAtYouOwen #LetsGetOnThatPottyTrainingPlease
Chef Owen is taking special orders!! The boys love to "cook" and I love that they are entertained so I let them play with my pans... until one of my tempered glass pan lids got SMASHED into a million tiny pieces. #R.I.P #PoorLid #ThanksNealForCleaningUpTheGlass #MyBad
Day 3 of Snowmaggedon and we made it out of the house to get groceries. We decided to pick up a couple of cute kids too, since they were on sale.
The snow finally melted, and we officially got out of the house for the day! We went to the library, then out to lunch. Going to lunch is a super rare occasion for us... and the boys behaved so well it gives me hope for the future. Granted they did nothing but eat their weight in chips and salsa, but I'll take what I can get if it means they sit still.
OMG Owen is actually cuddling with me!!! I had to document it. Remember when he was a baby and was obsessed with me? Where did we go wrong? How did the love get lost?? haha. Hopefully he will get out of his Anti-Mommy mood at some point.
Playing "train to California" on a lazy weekend... and yes, we do wear jammies almost all day everyday on the weekends. Thanks for noticing.
I forgot to include seeing Santa in my Christmas post. We went to the mall on a weeknight like we've done the past few years and were unfortunate enough to get behind a huge group of people who wanted a pic of every combo of their 12 kids and Santa mathematically possible and instead of our usual 15 min wait.. it was an hour wait. Boo.
Then we were told one of their printers was down, so it was going to take hours to get our official portrait printed... so waiting for that was a big fat no. The above candid will have to do for the year 2016. At least we didn't have any tears.
The boys got school pictures taken... and they never disappoint. Ever. This might be my favorite EVER because if that's not a cheesy prom pose... I don't know what is. #ILikeYourSleeves
(these pics are from the daycare's app, hence the black bars on them)... Oh Owen. My sweet little emotional child. He loves the baby dolls at school and takes care of them a lot. Feeds them, rocks them, pats them, puts them to bed... I love his natural caring side. #GonnaMakeAGoodDaddy
And then there is this one and his imagination. He was King Caterpillar... and was quite a regal King at that!!!
I took this pic simply because I adore Owen and his little quirkiness. This is how he sits a lot. Legs crossed, hands folded or clasped.. there is something so "proper" about his mannerisms.
Just a typical night in our house... a kid mostly undressed, a kid not wanting to take a picture, me looking like a lizard (note to self, stop wearing your hair pulled back for pictures) and reading a book for the umpteenth time. #NealActuallyTookAPicture #ItsAMiracle
Again, he's my cuddler at the moment. Some mornings he wakes up way too early... and on those mornings he comes into our room to lay in our bed while we are getting ready. I decided to take a picture and he decided to point because he felt like pointing. #YouDoYouKid
No comments:
Post a Comment